solaroil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you apply solaroil / cuticle oil?

• Once a day

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • More than once a day

Votes: 85 34.6%
  • When I actually remember that it exists

Votes: 62 25.2%
  • what is Solaroil????

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters
mandy121060 said:
Unless you do a test you will never know. Hee hee
So here goes.
Get you bottle and dip in your brush, I usually have one dip per hand, that normally does the trick, so 2 dips per client.
Now........ are you getting me so far.......... Hee hee
Now you have to see how many ''drops'' you get from one bottle.
Should take you a couple of hours.
Im actually laughing while typing this. I picture you counting the drops.

thanks, not planning to do this, my clients would think i'd gone mad if i told them and that i've got far to much spare time, although my cuticles would be gorgeous! just wondered if anyones actually finished a bottle yet as mine is still full and i've been using it for ages

I use solar oil everyday, I have a bottle in the car, a bottle by my computer, and a bottle in my nail kit.
I use it for my heels as well...I am in the habit of putting it on in the car when I am going "out and about".
I would say the retail 1/4 size bottles would definitely last about 4-6 months, if used once a day, one or two "dips" per hand. It depends on how heavily they put it on. My 1/4 oz bottle in the car is almost 1/2 gone, I have had it for nearly 6 months, so it could last even longer.
It DOES last forever, tell them it will last...and is SOOOOOOOOO worth it!
All my clients realize it makes the nails look "new" again.

I am my own worst advertisement. So, I lie to my clients LOL

I NEVER EVER EVER get any lift. Product sticks to me no problem. And I'm lazy and never use my oil but maybe once a month when I remember.
I lie to clients and tell them that's why my nails never lift (well, it's only a white lie because I HAVE seen a difference on clients that do use cuticle oil as opposed to none) LOL

Last night i wasnt watching what i was doing, too busy interested in the tv while I was filing, and now has a sore scratch where the file caught my skin. It was red a stinging after. I was silly. :cry:
Anyway, it was still really sore this morning, so I put solar oil on it, and this afternoon, even though it is still red, the soreness has completely gone.
I'm convinced the solar oil has soothed it... :green:

when I remember to use it .....I have very good skin and nails so I can look like I use oil when I don't ....I use cuticle oil by Haken as the smell of Solar oil nauseates me ......but recommend my clients use a cuticle oil to keep their nails looking nice ...

i got a mail today there s a special going on this month for solar oil
they give you a small solar balm free for each bottle 2.3 fl/oz of solar oil you buy

i use solar oil more than once a day.....after each client to be honest! when i oil their nails, im doing my own too:)

I do use it mostly every day, occasionally more but i sometimes forget. I keep it beside my bed, so i will then put it on before i go to sleep.

I have to say i use it contantly,and not just on my hands,i also use it on my face ad my legs if they are very dry,it costs me a bomb lol x

confession time :o lol
normally i'm really good and apply my solar oil a few times a day, especially if my hands have been in and out of water a lot (without gloves lol)
and, ummmm, sometimes i'm terrible for remembering it, i put it on for the first time in 4 days last night :eek:

I have a large bulb bottle in my kit bag, a small bottle in my handbag and another one that goes between my daughters bedroom and the living room lol.
My fave time for applying it is either when i'm sat in a huge queue of traffic in the city or when i'm sat outside school waiting for the kids to come out.

hi, i always forget to put cuticle oil on even though i should cos i need to! and i do have some at home! oh well, maybe this has reminded me to do it! :green: x

i use solar oil more than once a day.....after each client to be honest! when i oil their nails, im doing my own too:)

Yep me too - but dont remember very often at home :smack: bad I know!

I love the whole line

I use SolarOil at least 3-4x a day on my nails and cuticles as well as SolarBalm when I am at school/work 1-2x a day, and I use SolarButter at night on my feet and hands and SolarSilk in the a.m. and SolarManicure a few times a week

(I just realized this sounds like a lot especially since I live in the very humid Southern U.S. but my skin is quite dry) And it actually is a lot because I dip the brush back into the bottle for each nail!

I've found I actually prefer SolarOil when used in conjunction with the other products, like for example: after washing my hands I apply SolarOil to nails and then take a small amount and rub it all over my hands, then massage into hand, nails and cuticles and then after it absorbs mostly, I use SolarSilk or SolarButter over it

i only use it when i have enhancements on (for once)..i forget all about my poor nails! am doing them tomorrow though..so bring on the solar oil..i use it 3 times a day then.

I used to use Ezflows oil, but bought some pinkie sized solar oil to try a while back, and im now addicted to the stuff!! I love the smell, and how soft it makes my hands. I put some on a burn on my arm, and it healed up really quickly! So, yes I use solar oil regularly - at least 2/3 times a day, more if im working because its right there in front of me, and i cant resist the temptation!!:lol:

I have a bottle on my desk at work and put it on around 5-6 times when Im bored!!!!! My nails are so long now!!!:lol:

Will have to be honest and say I never get round to it during the week and always massage my hand cream instead then overdose on it on the weekends when i see clients cos i am always working with it.

Hi. I keep one bottle of solaroil (creative) in my handbag and one bottle (creative) by the side of my bed. That way I always remember to use it.

i'm quite good when it comes to applying solar oil!
i always carry a pinkie sized bottle in my handbag!
i have also been surprised when i talk to people about it when i'm out, i give them a go of my pinkie bottle and loads of people have gone on to buy one from me! -- turns out its a good little earner!

xx

I tell all my clients to use it and then forget to do it myself. Disgraceful i know! Practise what you preach springs to mind!:cry:

Teri x

Latest posts

Back