Solution left in cup, can you use next day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyAnnJ

Reaction score
I spray tanned someone today and have some tan left in cup that I wanna keep. Can I save this for tomorrow?? I'm new to this so I don't know lol xx

Do you customise your tans? I mix colours to suit each client so no I don't keep little left over tan . Also oxidisation can occur which effects the colour and development of the tan.
Any left over solution which is not custom mixed I put into a separate bottle with screw top and keep in fridge.
But I live in humid tropical climate the uk would be different.
If it was left open overnight or the no I would chuck it.

The left over tan I use on myself or my besties but NOT ever paying clients.

Hey, it's not customised it's just an 8% solution that I practised on my mate this afternoon and that I wanna use on my mum tomorrow ?
Because I need to clean the gun, shall I take the solution out the cup and put into something else with screw top then fridge till tomorrow ?

Wow, am I the only one who never empties the cup and gets rid of the 'left overs'... 6 years down the line and I didn't even know you were meant to!! :o

ps. Never had any issues....

Wow, am I the only one who never empties the cup and gets rid of the 'left overs'... 6 years down the line and I didn't even know you were meant to!! :o

ps. Never had any issues....

I also never empty left over tan..... info store my gun (with the tan in in and other tubs of tans with screw tops) at my back porch door which is always cool. I have never heard of throwing away or keeping tan for yourself, left over tan.

Xxx

As long as tan solution is kept in an airtight container in cool dark conditions (dark meaning away from direct sunlight) then it will be fine.
I use a different cup for each percent (the strength is written underneath in Sharpie pen) I leave my leftover solution in the cup unscrew it from my gun and put a lid on it, I have also left solution in the cup attached to the gun and so long as it is used within a few weeks then it is fine (if left for a long period of time it will oxidise as air can & does get in through the gun over time but you will see the solution has turned green).
I have no worries at all about using the tan I have left in my gun or cups on my paying clients.

The reason I leave the tan in the cups is because I was wasting too much solution when transfering back to the litre containers as my cups have little lips that mean I can't tip it all out (it was messy too) & I was worried I might contaminate the whole bottle of solution & have to throw it all away rather than just the small amount I had in a cup.

As long as tan solution is kept in an airtight container in cool dark conditions (dark meaning away from direct sunlight) then it will be fine.
I use a different cup for each percent (the strength is written underneath in Sharpie pen) I leave my leftover solution in the cup unscrew it from my gun and put a lid on it, I have also left solution in the cup attached to the gun and so long as it is used within a few weeks then it is fine (if left for a long period of time it will oxidise as air can & does get in through the gun over time but you will see the solution has turned green).
I have no worries at all about using the tan I have left in my gun or cups on my paying clients.

The reason I leave the tan in the cups is because I was wasting too much solution when transfering back to the litre containers as my cups have little lips that mean I can't tip it all out (it was messy too) & I was worried I might contaminate the whole bottle of solution & have to throw it all away rather than just the small amount I had in a cup.
Phew!! Glad I'm not the only one out there :D

My tanning cups are used regularly and no chance of the same tan being left in for more than a week at a time, you're right, transferring is a very messy job!!

What's the difference between storing tan in the plastic bottle it arrives in or the plastic tanning cup you pour it into? As long as the lid is on tight..it's the same...isn't it!!???

I have always used left over tan and never had any issues with the results. I also label my cups and just add to them from the main tanning bottles when I need more.

If for any reason the tan looked oxidised or compromised in any way I would throw it and start a new.

I always clean my gun between colours or every couple of tans.

Why waste product?

So I've been tanning for quite some time and i have always decanted the remaining solution back into a smaller solution bottle, so that i know i will use it for my next client, i also store my solution in the fridge. I have never had any problems with my left over solution regarding shrek tans! I don't label my solution cups, i happen to wash mine after every client. I see no problem in reusing the solution. my only concern is to leave it out. xoxo

So I've been tanning for quite some time and i have always decanted the remaining solution back into a smaller solution bottle, so that i know i will use it for my next client, i also store my solution in the fridge. I have never had any problems with my left over solution regarding shrek tans! I don't label my solution cups, i happen to wash mine after every client. I see no problem in reusing the solution. my only concern is to leave it out. xoxo
In the fridge?? Don't your clients get cold?? :D

You take it out again half hour before to un chill

You take it out again half hour before to un chill
My clients complain the tan is cold at the best of times I don't think I could risk it :)

I live in a tropic climate so this isn't ever an issue

Latest posts

Back