Some advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
Hi excuse my ranting but I'd love to know what you all think about this.....

I applied for a job part time when I spoke to the boss she said there would be a possibility of me becoming full time if I was interested as the other beauty therapist was ruining the salon, upsetting clients just a nightmare basically. So of course I jumped at the chance and was very excited by the prospect of being full time. I should also mention I own a salon supply business and my manager wants me to supply the salon.

Since I've started at the salon the manager contacts me most days asking me to do this and that which because I was keen to become full time I did trying to get the salon back on track. Anyway she finally handed the other beauty therapist her noticed and offered me the full time job although we didn't sign any contract. A few days later after I'd done lots of things for the salon ie new stock, cleaning trying to get it to a better level than it was she calls me to say she's seen the other therapist and is going to keep her meaning I stay part time. She said this was only temporary until she found another job but since then she's said this is no longer the case and she's no going anywhere. I have countless emails from my boss slagging off the other therapist, received countless phone calls from her about the same thing.

Obviously I am gutted about the whole thing and I haven't told my boss how i feel. Now this therapist is criticising my salon supplies, just another way for her to get at me. I do not know this woman we've never had the pleasure of meeting!

So that's it! Sorry for my long essay but I don't know what to do :( my partner who runs the salons supplies with me said we will no longer honour the lower prices for the salon and to kill both the therapist and my boss with kindness but what do you think?

I agree with your partner about the prices, do you want to stay there as an employee now? I think killing them with kindness is going to ware you down tho

I think it sounds like you are being used for any benefits they can get out of you while you show willingness, and can be benefitted from. You are being given the run around whenever it suits the salon management and I think you know it's not in your best interest. sounds like a complete shambles and the salon manager and her employee show very little common sense or professionalism.

Cut your losses, focus on your own business, and if you still would like salon work I would seek it elsewhere x

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses it's a relief to know other people think the same as I do. I need to stay there for the moment as I need a job, otherwise I would just up and leave....

I have to agree , cut any benefits you are giving them financially , and treat them like any other client. Have you got a confirmation that your hours was to be extended to full time ? X

Libby Lou - we were going to supply the products at cost price, were certainly not doing that now! Full price all the way. No we didn't sign any paperwork but I have countless emails from my boss slagging off the other therapist and even one saying she's handed the therapist her notice.

Latest posts

Back