Some shellac advise needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
I have just done, my first Shellac on a family member , and tomorrow will be doing a friend who is going away for a few days to a hot climate. (lucky girl)

I am doing my 1-2-1 Shellac training tomorrow in the evening , but as I am doing my friend before my training, I wanted to ask here if anyone knows of an additional top coat that is painted on , but not cured to protect the Shellac further. This is what I have been told tonight, ie, that Shellac and Gel techs use this after final curing and dispersion layer is taken off???

Also I remember reading somewhere that sun tan lotion , can make Shellac lift/peel. Is this true, and what advise do I give my friend for after care while she is away on her hols ?

Thank you :D

Hi huni, no you just use the Shellac top coat to finish your Shellac manicure, nothing else is needed. Suntan lotion containing insect repellent like DEET will make anything melt lol.
Her aftercare is simple use solar oil and enjoy the holiday, SIMPLEZZZZZ !!!!

Enjoy your Shellac training, its fantastic and you will learn so much xxx

Hi huni, no you just use the Shellac top coat to finish your Shellac manicure, nothing else is needed. Suntan lotion containing insect repellent like DEET will make anything melt lol.

Agreed :)

I have just done, my first Shellac on a family member , and tomorrow will be doing a friend who is going away for a few days to a hot climate. (lucky girl)

I am doing my 1-2-1 Shellac training tomorrow in the evening , but as I am doing my friend before my training, I wanted to ask here if anyone knows of an additional top coat that is painted on , but not cured to protect the Shellac further. This is what I have been told tonight, ie, that Shellac and Gel techs use this after final curing and dispersion layer is taken off???

Also I remember reading somewhere that sun tan lotion , can make Shellac lift/peel. Is this true, and what advise do I give my friend for after care while she is away on her hols ?

Thank you :D

I will be happy to send you the Shellac aftercare advice for you to print out for clients. I will send it to any Shellac user. Just email me [email protected] and include your Sweet Squared customer number in the email for verification. :D.

I am happy to do the same for Minxers and to send Minx aftercare
Advice too, to them. Same thing, email me and include your SweetSquared customer number in the email. X

I will be happy to send you the Shellac aftercare advice for you to print out for clients. I will send it to any Shellac user. Just email me [email protected] and include your Sweet Squared customer number in the email for verification. :D.

I am happy to do the same for Minxers and to send Minx aftercare
Advice too, to them. Same thing, email me and include your SweetSquared customer number in the email. X

Gigi, to save you the trouble, I am seeing Yadagi today for a 1-2-1, I have already printed out everything that she needs in regards to Shellac. :D:D

Ladies what is the 1 to 1 training about? I went on a shellac attack course which i assumed was enough. Are you taught more about shellac on this one to one training? shellac is very puzzling to me because you get too many opinions from so many people about what to do /what not to do with shellac and its all put across as fact but on the shellac attack course we were basically told to ignore most of it.

Ladies what is the 1 to 1 training about? I went on a shellac attack course which i assumed was enough. Are you taught more about shellac on this one to one training? shellac is very puzzling to me because you get too many opinions from so many people about what to do /what not to do with shellac and its all put across as fact but on the shellac attack course we were basically told to ignore most of it.

I am assuming you went on a Shellac Attack Demo class in CND London with Ketan Patel..?

The Shellac class that Ketan does gives you more than enough information to do Shellac. Ketan is one our oldest ( as in length of time!) Ambassadors and is well known for his extensive knowledge in the nail industry, which means you did your class with one of the best!

Shellac 1-2-1 classes are specifically designed according to your own individual needs and competence. It is a 1-2-1 class which means all the concentration will be on you. You can request a initial Shellac class to help you understand Shellac as a product and the correct application of Shellac. Or you can request a 1-2-1 class after you have done other Shellac classes if you feel you are still having problems and want to learn how to eliminate them. Maybe you need some help in doing a French Shellac..? Maybe your product is pulling away and you don't why...? Basically, It can be anything. 1-2-1 classes are all about you, whatever you think you need to learn more and improve, we will help.

The other option is a 3 hour Shellac ' brings them back' class. These classes are group based and usually have the maximum of 6-8 students. These classes are interactive and you get to have some hands-on experience with using shellac. These classes are certified with an official Shellac certificate after completion.

I don't think you will learn more in any of these classes more than another, the different Shellac classes are just taught in different ways taking in consideration of different nail techs personailties and skills at different levels.

For example, if you feel pressurised in a classroom based class, then you may want to choose the 1-2-1. Or if you feel you are relatively quite experienced in painting and doing nails and you need not any hands on experience, you may want to do the Shellac Attack demo classes. Or if you feel you are quite new in the industry, then a 3 Shellac' bring them back' class is more suited because you get to learn the correct Shellac application hands on.

If you need to know where your nearest Shellac Ambassadors are to book onto any of these classes, please call Sweet Squared on 0208 903 5878.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you all, and Gigi for offering to email all the aftercare advise.

As "Flower" said I am doing a 1-2-1 with her this pm, so will get it all from her .

I just wanted to be prepared for my friend today who is also a nail tech, and want to give her the best advice .

See you this evening "Flower " :)

Thank you all, and Gigi for offering to email all the aftercare advise.

As "Flower" said I am doing a 1-2-1 with her this pm, so will get it all from her .

I just wanted to be prepared for my friend today who is also a nail tech, and want to give her the best advice .

See you this evening "Flower " :)

The offer still stands. What I supply is a PDF so that it is printing quality for you and you can reproduce them in a best quality for your clients. Much nicer than photo copies of photo copies and they look more professional IMHO

Both myself and my daughter had shellac before a holiday. My pink colour faded so fast and my daughters wore off within days. Was it the heat, suntan lotion?? Don't know.

The offer still stands. What I supply is a PDF so that it is printing quality for you and you can reproduce them in a best quality for your clients. Much nicer than photo copies of photo copies and they look more professional IMHO

Gigi is right. To print out your own to give to clients looks more professional. Take her up on the offer Shellackers. :D

Latest posts

Back