Someone stop this fleabay madness!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Effect

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share this. Partially to show how quickly stuff from the beauty shows goes onto fleabay and for the chuckle of it.

Unfortunately though our poor new CND catalogue had been hit by this fleabay rush in less than 24 hours after the first day. If you look at their other offers they include the nail harmony flyers.

Cant honestly say I'll bid on it though when I can call the lovely girls at S2 and ask them to send me one with some love and respect :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I only talked to Sam about this at the show. They were being shown prior to show so you could back order. I went to my local Zumba group and a girl pulled out 2 bottles I asked
Me. Where did you get those
Her eBay
Me. You know you need top coat and base
Her. Yes we have clubbed together and someone else has those
Me. How much did you pay
Her 13.45
At that point I went home and put my head in the oven lol No not really went home and checked all cnd is on there and cheaper than we can buy and retail please do something cnd solar oil was 2 I think sell mine at 3"50 xxx

alot of ladys are having "Shellac clubs"
they do each others nails and all chip in for product .
i have alot of it here , us nail techs rase awareness of things and that dosent always work in our favour ,

but ive found they do tend to come back sooner or later ,

Oh how ridiculous and frustrating for S2! 😖

I know they don't waste time and money chasing these goons but it still must infuriate them. 😡

I've said before that I think the SG forums should be closed to non- professionals and I think if they did this, then the "shellac clubs" wouldn't have access to all the fantastic advice and tutorials on here.

As for the items on eBay, I think anyone can report the account so SG army, hit that report button!
Xxx

Now mproducts at the trade fairs t

Oops, I couldn't delete the line at the bottom, annoying app glitch on iPhone! 😳

Oh how ridiculous and frustrating for S2! 😖

I know they don't waste time and money chasing these goons but it still must infuriate them. 😡

I've said before that I think the SG forums should be closed to non- professionals and I think if they did this, then the "shellac clubs" wouldn't have access to all the fantastic advice and tutorials on here.

As for the items on eBay, I think anyone can report the account so SG army, hit that report button!
Xxx

Totally agree with you there, these forums should be closed to non-pros. The amount of cnd products on Ebay is shocking, not to mention other companies too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Just had a look and one seller appears to have all her information on!! Something surely can be done there!!

im not a nail geek, but i just wanted to comment on these shellac clubs. i had a new client the other week who while we were chatting had told
me she had bought 'shellac' from ebay, as im a major geek who likes to know about shellac and the like by reading posts on here i asked her if it was bluesky which she replied yes to!! her and two of her friends have bought a lamp a top and bottom coat and various colours. i told her about the dangers of using fake products and she was shocked. unfortunately i doubt itll change her mind though :( x

Well if they are buying bluesky then this is clearly not shellac and they are stupid for paying that money for an obvious copy!

But I'm more concerned about the sellers that are retailing genuine products!
They probably have a trade account set up and sell on eBay to non professionals.
Do the distributors really care about this because at the end of the day, they are still making money?
(this is a general comment and not directed at S2)
When you open an account, is it stated that you cannot buy and then retail the products on eBay? Or anywhere else?

It's a subject that could get deeper and deeper and actually I'm not sure why I thought about this too much.
I need to get on with my housework now! 😁

X

What I don't get is if it's genuine how can they sell it cheaper than what we can buy it from authorized sellers (s2 and ellisons) ???

Oops pushed send too quick..

Surely they are aware because if you can only buy from these two stockist then the biggest salon/the most busiest salon in the country would still not buy large quantities of stock every week/month at some point surely the sales team would think this is strange??

(I'm only presuming this is how it's being done)

How much is a bottle of shellac then? On eBay they are retailing for xxx pounds, is it cheaper than that? X

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't get is if it's genuine how can they sell it cheaper than what we can buy it from authorized sellers (s2 and ellisons) ???

Cos S2 have to import , pay dutys , wages , websites , packaging , make sure the products are correctly stored & shipped to you, and a whole load of other things ,

Alot of eBay sellers ship in illegally ,

Sell fakes or rejects

Sometimes even normal salons / techs like us get robed for products . :(

Oh I thought it was S2 exclusively and could only get it from them

Sweet sqared are trying there best to stop this and do close accounts if they find people selling products on ebay! People will try to make a quick buck and sell anything on ebay!! We did see the catalogue on there yesterday! Its a joke who is going to pay for it when they are free??? Its like when Sweet Squared have a sale within a few hours bits are poping up on ebay! Some people just dont care anymore, but i for one as a PROFESSIONAL will not buy nail products of ebay!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

There are lots of regulations about selling on eBay, for example you aren't allowed to sell used cosmetics however you only have to do a search for *brand used* and you'll find plenty of listings. It's simply too big to regulate.

As I understand it, selling an S2 catalogue wouldn't breach any guidance on eBay (sorry if that's wrong, I haven't checked. However unless S2 send out catalogues to people who haven't got accounts (and so possibly not trained etc) then by buying on eBay someone has access to prices, how to do steps etc as per the catalogue.

I think that what I find annoying is that although people talk about products being fake, out of date, stolen etc it's evident that there are professionals out there selling current stock. I use a brand of skin care that can't be bought over the counter and yet there is clearly a stockist selling on eBay and massively undercutting the RRP (but still clearing enough for a profit). People are supplementing their incomes through eBay sales.

There's a real craze in our town atm with people buying Shellac, Gelish products off ebay. One girl in particular bought a load and is now 'doing nails'. I realised some clients were coming to me to watch how I was doing things, question everything ,etc to report back to these ebay buyers who were then doing nails for buttons. It was really peeing me off that they thought I was so gullible. What nearly killed me was when one of my best clients who was missing for weeks walked in and started doing it. It was like a real William Wallace, Robert de Bruce moment..not you as well! But I've stopped being angry, now whenever I spot these fakers I cant help myself have alittle play around, like making hold their hands upside down for 'gravity' after ive cured Gelish lol. So now instead of watching smug fakers who think they are pulling a fast on me, Im smiling at their little confused faces trying to make a mental note of all these vital hand positions :D.
S

Along with the "gravity" moves you could also slip in that rubbing with acetone brings the shine up and makes them last longer hehe xx

I'm not sure why your all focusing on E-Bay for....

Lets face it any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy professional products from most professional sites!

For example: You don't have to show any certs for NSI, Nail Harmony(only if buying in Sally's), Youngs Nails etc etc

So if these companies don't care who they sell thier products too, why are you so upset that they are on ebay?

Shellac I get as you have to show your certs, but even then you only need to show mani&pedi...so someone who has this cert from 40 years ago, does not work in the industry now, can just go on thier and buy for all friends and family :)

nice one Shirley & Waffle:D
that's happened to me too recently!!

Latest posts

Back