Sore nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carli692

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for advice, a client I have been seeing for 3 years came to me today concerned as her nails have been ultra sore and sesitive to touch, she has been having acrylics for the 3 years I have been seeing her. She's never had this problem before and I've never had anyone come to me complaining of the same issue. There are little if no lifting with her nails for the time I have been seeing her. I removed the acrylic (gently) and everything seems ok with the nail plate as far as I can see. No greenies or red areas etc. I'm confused as why this has happened as seems to have come out of no where. I've advised her to have a break from acrylic and put a strengthener on them for her and advised her to do the same for the time she has no acrylic on here nail. Any help here would be great. Im hoping I have done the right thing here .
Thanks in advance xx

It sounds like a shrinking problem :)

If you are working too wet , as the acrylic cures in the next 48 hours after application the nail will be pulled up and out by the acrylic shrinking which can leave the nails sore :)

Latest posts

Back