Sorry can I rant please?? Really upset :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Hi warning long so grab your cuppas!!!

I'm sorry to put a downer on the board but if I don't get this out a get some perspective I'll lose it!!!

Just fed up with trying to promote my very new mobile beauty business and for friends to knock me down.

Eg I wrote a facebook status about doing my nails (shellac) and got lots of likes then one friend commented "mines chipped :-("

That was it, nothing else, nothing like it had already been on 3 weeks and actually hadn't chipped, she had broken a nail doing housework or anything so to an unknowing person it just looks like a complaint.

Then today another friend (actually the other friends BFF!) wrote on my waxing status today "I'm still recovering from the last wax you gave me lol xx)

It was six weeks ago. I get it's a joke but Im finding it hurtful That they can see I'm trying to promote myself and just can't help commenting.

I know lots of us have had negativity from friends and we have to rise above it, I'm just feeling very sensitive today and need a thicker skin!!

Thanks for reading!! Xx

I can understand your upset! I would delete those comments from your page. U don't need bad advertising from a "joke"!

hey hun

sorry youre feeling down :( couple of suggestions from me. . . Could you have a quiet word with your friends about replying as they did? If not you could answer their posts in a positive way ie the shellac friend could you reply something like. . .
Oh hun how is your finger now must have hurt when you caught it on the door or whatever. Shame it chipped your shellac give me a shout when you want it re done hun fab that it lasted three weeks :)
or something like that.

Just a thought hun. Some people do not think when they post things like that. Good luck hun and chin up. X x x

hey hun

sorry youre feeling down :( couple of suggestions from me. . . Could you have a quiet word with your friends about replying as they did? If not you could answer their posts in a positive way ie the shellac friend could you reply something like. . .
Oh hun how is your finger now must have hurt when you caught it on the door or whatever. Shame it chipped your shellac give me a shout when you want it re done hun fab that it lasted three weeks :)
or something like that.

Just a thought hun. Some people do not think when they post things like that. Good luck hun and chin up. X x x

Thats a great way to deal with these people.

Come back with a positive response and never give a snide comment back as much as you may want to. Also (unless its something really bad) never remove comments as it will look like your tryng to censorship your page.
Just make sure you give the best answer so that other people can see how professional you are.

They dont sound like very good friends if they feel the need to do that. My few friends have been nothing but supportive.

Show them what your made of and dont let them grind you down. x

I had one instance of this kind of thing and I deleted the coments and PM'd the guilty parties asking them to consider what they write on my BUSINESS page from now on.

I wrote that I accept that there is no harm meant in the posts but if a potential client was to read the comments they may choose not to become a client because of missunderstanding your comments.

There have been no further comments of those kinds and my friends & family (yes one comment was a family member who should have know better :evil:) understood where I was coming from and appologised for their silly behaviour.

I get the silly comments via PM now so they can still have their joke's but it's private. I've told them they can post publically but as if they were a client and not a friend and if they are unsure if they should say something then to PM me just incase.

How AWFUL! I feel like I want to rant now!

I absolutely hate when people make comments like this without thinking of consequences.

Facebook page is your business tool so just delete the ridiculous comments and if I were you I would explain to your friends that it's a different thing than your personal FB page. If they fancy some stupid jokes they are welcome to do it on your personal one but not the business page.

I absolutley understand how you feel. People are so inconsiderate.....

Oh hun how is your finger now must have hurt when you caught it on the door or whatever. Shame it chipped your shellac give me a shout when you want it re done hun fab that it lasted three weeks or something like that.

This is a pefect way to respond back & at the same time promote your work. I had this with a mate about my Lash work on FB for all to see –
They wrote “i am going to unfriend you if you keep banging on about your lashes LOL? i wrote back a personal private message, look this is my business & i don’t appreciate your jokes LOL or if you feel like writing on my page please remember you’re a mate & this is my business – so please respect that.
They wrote back saying ah i know i was only kidding hun!!, so in turn i wrote back i am NOT so please remember that people view all comments so if your joking or serious some people don’t know your personality & it may turn them off my services - I haven’t heard from them since.

So I agree with Happy Feet & I think you should respond with positive feedback to her so all your friends & clients can see. I am sure your regulars know your great at your job so they wont even batter an eyelash :p but you need to respond for you xxx

Ahhh thanks guys!!!

Knew I could count on fellow geeks to bring me up!!

After the Shellac incident I stupidly wrote back "nice one thanks for that!" Then realised how unprofessional it was and could have been handled so much better, but my hot head got the better of me :-(

Todays comment I haven't deleted but as it was after something my husband wrote I said " you let him wax you? you poor thing!" -( hard to explain without the whole thread) and made a joke:lick:. I'm not sure if it was put to see my reaction after the last time :twisted: so I thought a joke was the best thing in this instance.

I don't actually have a business page this was on my normal profile. Do you think I should have a business one?

At the moment I am a "book you when I can". i.e I have small children so if you want an appointment let me know when and ill book it in if it suits us both. I have been mainly treating friends and their friends by word of mouth

I hope to have a regular day and then evenings to dedicate once I have childcare sorted.

E x

babe go into your settings so people cant comment on your status's when you post to promote yourself. xxx

Defo set up a business fb account,

i work 9-5 myself in a different job & i take evening appointments through fb, gumtree, word of mouth etc -its only when people ask for a certain time etc if i cant do it then that i explain to them i work however when suits & i will check my diary bla bla bla.

Well maybe write under your comment then , just checked when you got your nails done hun & i see you got a full ** weeks, god you did great only to have 1 chip, long may it last!! Thats really good work :d outta me & i am happy my clients are getting longer than the average lasting time i advise!!

Hi warning long so grab your cuppas!!!

I'm sorry to put a downer on the board but if I don't get this out a get some perspective I'll lose it!!!

Just fed up with trying to promote my very new mobile beauty business and for friends to knock me down.

Eg I wrote a facebook status about doing my nails (shellac) and got lots of likes then one friend commented "mines chipped :-("

That was it, nothing else, nothing like it had already been on 3 weeks and actually hadn't chipped, she had broken a nail doing housework or anything so to an unknowing person it just looks like a complaint.

Then today another friend (actually the other friends BFF!) wrote on my waxing status today "I'm still recovering from the last wax you gave me lol xx)

It was six weeks ago. I get it's a joke but Im finding it hurtful That they can see I'm trying to promote myself and just can't help commenting.

I know lots of us have had negativity from friends and we have to rise above it, I'm just feeling very sensitive today and need a thicker skin!!

Thanks for reading!! Xx

in my opinion that is aggressively bitchy.

tell them where to go...usually I'm all for being tactful but the fact that they publically dissed your business infront of potential client's is unacceptable and malicious.

You're right to be upset.

I am so disappointed that when someone starts to do good in their life a lot of so-called friends are happy to stick the knife in :(

hold your head up, these people are clearly very bitter and very jealous

i would also deffo change yer settings so they cant comment .. you can chopose who can adn cant .. you so dont need crap like that i cant abide toxic friends xxx

Totally agree with Happyfeet's approach.

Definitely:
" Clients remark all the time on how it doesn't chip.......guess that's why we're happy to guarantee it for a fortnight. In reality it can last even longer as you discovered. Really pleased yours lasted 3 weeks before you trapped your finger!"

" Definitely a thorough job, which is what we all want! Glad that you found that, done properly, waxing is completely bearable for even those with a low pain threshold. See you again for your next appointment!"

It sounds like your friends are just being a little bit dense and thoughtless. They probably didn't think about the potential ramifications of their silly comments.
I would just pm them and tell them that you would appreciate it if they could keep their jokes to themselves or save them for fb chat or pm.
You should definitely have a seperate fb like page for your business, that way you can keep all jokes and banter away from potential clients.
Plus it looks more professional in my opinion.
Try not to take it too much to heart, your friends just need a lesson in fb etiquette me thinks lol
Good luck with your biz hun xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thats a great way to deal with these people.

Come back with a positive response and never give a snide comment back as much as you may want to. Also (unless its something really bad) never remove comments as it will look like your tryng to censorship your page.
Just make sure you give the best answer so that other people can see how professional you are.

They dont sound like very good friends if they feel the need to do that. My few friends have been nothing but supportive.

Show them what your made of and dont let them grind you down. x

EXACTLY. I had up a status re lashes and one friend put...all my own lashes are out when i pulled mine off.... So i replied..."You were told verbally not to pull them out and given an aftercare sheet telling you why! I think considering you didnt have any infills I would say 7 weeks worth of lovely lashes is very good for £50, loss of lashes is due to you pulling them off and you really should listen to me in future"

I then text her to tell her i would no longer do her lashes as she was irresponsible with them.

Im rather ummm loud so I have to bite my tongue! Dont be upset hun. You will get silly people like this. They probably dont even realise what they are saying

I have so many comebacks to this my head is spinning. They arent very professional. DELETE THEM lol xxx chin up hun xx

I was talking to a friend online and she'd complained about how the 'Chinese man had made her finger bleed' to which I told her (for the millionth time) the dangers of going to NSS and what she should look out for. She used the words 'fake nails' and 'acrylics' then said 'well you hurry up an learn how to do them then'. At this point I'd had enough and simply said I can do them I just don't have any products (I've offered her gels) to which she said 'well get the stuff then' like I have money laying around, my account is in the red for heavens sake and she knows this!

Friends can be so unreasonable. They don't think before they speak and sure as hell never listen to your aftercare. They think any problem is your fault and you'll fix their mess ups for free.

Some fab advice here, good luck hun and ignore the comments :) x

I too have a business FB page and set my self as a business person on there. This way my bus page and business person remains seperate to my 'actual' fb account so you can allow clients to comment etc without having friends put their two pennies worth in.

Hi

Thank you all for your kind comments and well wishes. I think I will delete the posts now even though any potential damage is now done!!

If anything like this ever happens again I will immediately delete and probably pm, especially if it's the same people!!

I will look at a business account especially as I don't want to annoy un-interested friends with my advertising!!

Thank you all again,

E x

I have so many comebacks to this my head is spinning. They arent very professional. DELETE THEM lol xxx chin up hun xx

Lol I probably had exactly the same unprofessional thoughts!!! X

Latest posts

Back