Sorry to be a pain but.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
I have just spent the whole evening doing a new website.
I have made up a new one sinceI hated having ads etc on my old one. I think it is a much cleaner layout than before, but if you could please take a quick look to check all is ok with it.

www.simply-tanning.co.uk

I have also had a go at the SEO on it too, and had a go at setting up the stats, but hit a few problems there so will try again tomorrow.

It's getting late and I am tired :zzz:

Thanks again,
Jen xxx

Last edited:
I think you've done well :)
Don't know what SEO is and who is Jennifer Anderson? lol :lol:

did you mean Jennifer Aniston? xxx

LOL Angie, SEO is Search Engine Optimisation - you know what we talked about when I added the names of all the surrounding towns to the home page of your site so that your site came up when someone was doing a search for waxing in Bromsgrove, for example...

Actually, Weebly are pretty good as far as the free site builders go; the only thing I've got against them is their limited range of templates really.

Ha ha, I did say I was tired :smack: Jennifer Anderson is me - I am very well known with A-list celebs :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out, have changed it xx

LOL Angie, SEO is Search Engine Optimisation - you know what we talked about when I added the names of all the surrounding towns to the home page of your site so that your site came up when someone was doing a search for waxing in Bromsgrove, for example...

I spent ages reading your advice on the SEO thread lol and added all the meta tags etc I could think of :hug:
Much easier to do with weebly. I do actually like weebly, but you are right there isn't a huge choice of templates. I like the colours in this one though.

xx

I spent ages reading your advice on the SEO thread lol and added all the meta tags etc I could think of :hug:
Much easier to do with weebly. I do actually like weebly, but you are right there isn't a huge choice of templates. I like the colours in this one though.

xx

Yes, I was impressed with Weebly when I had a play with it earlier this year to help someone out on here who wanted some advice on how to use it.

Gave me some ideas for my own stuff in fact that I'm hoping to get working over the next few weeks... I particularly like the way that you're able to "drag and drop" the individual elements comprising the web page...

Yeah, I found it fairly easy to work with, and the fact that so many of the things you have to pay extra for with freewebs, is included free with weebly.
I hope the stuff you are working on works out for you xx

looks great glad u got sorted

I think it looks really professional and is very attractive to look at!! Is that weebly really free? I am looking to do a website but everything I have looked at is so expensive!!!

Looks lovely babe, well done x

I think it looks really professional and is very attractive to look at!! Is that weebly really free? I am looking to do a website but everything I have looked at is so expensive!!!

Thanks, yes totally free, you get site stats as well (but still finding my way around that lol), no ads and really easy to do. Their help section is fab.
I already had my own domain name so didn't have to pay for that with weebly, although it cost me about £6 with 123-reg.

Good luck with your website x

Thanks Allyballybee :hug: x

Thanks, yes totally free, you get site stats as well (but still finding my way around that lol), no ads and really easy to do. Their help section is fab.
I already had my own domain name so didn't have to pay for that with weebly, although it cost me about £6 with 123-reg.

Good luck with your website x

Thanks Allyballybee :hug: x

Thanks very much I will give it a go I think! I'll be chuffed if I get mine to look as good as that! Thanks again x

No problem, building the site was pretty easy.
Good luck x

your website looks fab well done xx

Hi Jen just wanted to say I think your site looks spot on!!

Hello I'm new here. I think the site looks great, well done.

To get a good response locally from your website you might want to get yourself a google local business listing, it means when someone searches for a salon in your area your business will be listed on the map - this is free to do and I am seeing some great results for the clients I've registered. You don't eed a website to list your business but you are more likely to get a response if people can find a bit more about you.

You can get to it here: www.Google.com/LocalBusinessCenter

Google analytics is also a really good tool to use to see where your visitors are coming from and how they find you on the web.

Latest posts

Back