Sound Systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
I am looking to get a new sounds system for my room, currently i have a cd/tape player, but when i have a longer treatment i dont like having to stop and change the cd so im thinking of getting an ipod or other mp3 player with a docking speaker station (i feel so behind with the times..lol) anyway, what sort of system do you ladies have that is of good sound quality but not too expensive (that also charges up your mp3 player) ?

I'm a bit behind the times aswell me thinks & just have a radio/CD player. For the relaxing treatments when a CD is on we just press the repeat button so the whole CD plays again without you having to stop what you're doing. Simple really.

Thats what i get bored of, having to repeat the song, last week i had a lady in for 3 hours worth of treatments and i had to change the cd

I use an ipod which I create playlists on via itunes then use a fairly cheap docking station. You can pick them up for approx £20 from one of the major electrical stores. Making your own playlists means you can set the mood for the treatment room. Making a chill out selection or more upbeat depending on the treatments you are doing. It's GREAT!!!

Hope this helps!

I'm a big fan of the Logitech Squeezebox. It's a bit different from your standard iPod dock, in that it streams music wirelessly from a PC or network attached storage drive, rather than amplifying music from a portable player.

But it would be great for salons with several treatment rooms - you have the option of synchronising two or more players to play the same music if you want to.

Probably the most useful model for a salon would be the "Squeezebox Boom" which has built-in speakers...
Posted via Mobile Device

shall have a look at that, can you plug in other mp3 players? I have been looking at the JBL micro or radial but not sure what ipod /mp3 player to get the new nano has video which i dont really need.

shall have a look at that, can you plug in other mp3 players? I have been looking at the JBL micro or radial but not sure what ipod /mp3 player to get the new nano has video which i dont really need.

Also against the new nano is the fact that it doesn't charge up on a docking station. I can only charge mine on the computer, whereas my old one charged up on the docking station and my car gizmo thingy! Also the damn thing keeps swithing on in my gym bag and I end up with low battery halfway through my workouts!! (sorry I digressed a bit there)

That said an ipod is definitely the way to go, playlists are great!

squeezebox looks nice BUT mucho mucho pesetas

i have a el cheapo cd player from asda cost me bout £20 theres a repeat button but press agin it repeats the cd not just the song so I just have that on works a treat if you want to keep costs down

What is a transporter?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have an ipod and docking station.

The docking station i got from curry's for about £17. Its perfect. White, plays any ipod/mp3, has radio and digital clock. Its also small, so it fits on the ledge in the corner.

Ipod is perfect for creating playlists.

I found it a great investment. HTH x

What is a transporter?

It's the up-market version of the Squeezebox for hi-fi addicts. Costs over a grand!
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back