spa pedicure - clients weird experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marilyn

I have recently started to do CND Spa Pedicures and I had a client yesterday (my first) who had a really weird experience after I put the 'marine masque' on her feet. I put her feet in heated bootees for 5 minute while she had this product on and she said that although she had heat on her feet they felt inside like they had gone freezing cold and that she was having really intense tingling especially on the top of her foot right up to the ankle, where the masque finished. I immediately took her feet out of the bootees just incase it was to do with them, but this made no difference. This cold feeling lasted for over an hour after the Spa Pedicure was finished. She had rheumatic fever as a child and has to be very careful with a lot of things due to this fact. She has to have antibiotics just to go to the dentist, has to watch if she cuts herself etc so I just wonder now if this might be a contra-indication to pedicures, although it wasnt mentioned on my course.
Is this type reaction normal, should I NOT have used the heated bootees with her??? Any help would be apprecaited, thanks:confused: :sad:

Hi Marilyn,

I have just bought the spa pedicure kit and watched the video last night. I remember seeing something about using the marine masque with anotehr product at the same time (and to avoid) as it enhances the cold feeling, could it be that?

:o

Hi Marilyn,

forgot to ask, how much are you charging for a spa pedicure. I am very new to the world of nails and beauty ..... and loving it, but no idea what to charge.

i have the very same tingly feeling in my feet when I have a spa pedicure, personally speaking I loved it, it's just a cooling sensation but the minty, menthol fragrance seems to heighten the feeling.
it lasted for a few hours after the service :)

i thought that was supposed to happen (maybe not to that extreme). i love how that feeling lasts for hours... maybe she just doesn't like it? or maybe she's very sensitive to cold? personally, i can't stand heated booties. they make my skin crawl and i feel like i'm on fire... but i'm very sensitive to heat.

humm.. to each his/her own, but def. skip that step on her next time!

Dont worry Marilyn, this is quite normal when using the masque. It is supposed to tingle and have the cooling effect. For this client in the future, why not use the masque from the Raw Earth instead of the marine masque.
David.x
Marilyn said:
I have recently started to do CND Spa Pedicures and I had a client yesterday (my first) who had a really weird experience after I put the 'marine masque' on her feet. I put her feet in heated bootees for 5 minute while she had this product on and she said that although she had heat on her feet they felt inside like they had gone freezing cold and that she was having really intense tingling especially on the top of her foot right up to the ankle, where the masque finished. I immediately took her feet out of the bootees just incase it was to do with them, but this made no difference. This cold feeling lasted for over an hour after the Spa Pedicure was finished. She had rheumatic fever as a child and has to be very careful with a lot of things due to this fact. She has to have antibiotics just to go to the dentist, has to watch if she cuts herself etc so I just wonder now if this might be a contra-indication to pedicures, although it wasnt mentioned on my course.
Is this type reaction normal, should I NOT have used the heated bootees with her??? Any help would be apprecaited, thanks:confused: :sad:

Jaydee said:
Dont worry Marilyn, this is quite normal when using the masque. It is supposed to tingle and have the cooling effect. For this client in the future, why not use the masque from the Raw Earth instead of the marine masque.
David.x

Thank god for that!! I think that I will do her pedicure with all Raw Earth products next time. Should think that the Spa pedicure would be great in the summer when feet are really hot.:D

Hi there

Marine Masque & Marine Gel are both great for people that suffer from hot swollen feet,Marine gel can be applied easily anytime.
Raw Earth - Perfect for cold winter toes - combined with a parrafin treatment an excellent winter warmup.

HtH
XX J XX

Hi Marilyn,
I was taught at the spa training day not to use heated boots with spa pedi marine masque. it can cause an uncomfortable feeling as the masque cools and the boots heat up - they sort of jar with each other and don't really achieve anything! As the other geeks suggested raw earth is a much more warming treatment for the winter and works fine with boots. especially for sensitive souls like your lady! have a grreat christmas..!

i was taught to put the masque on, wrap the feet in a towel, leave for a few minutes and then put the foot (still wrapped in the towel) back into the warm water. gives a lovely scentsation. use the wet towel to then wipe the masque off.

even tho my feet went back into warm water, my feet stayed cool for about 1 hour after.

only use the marine masque in the summer as its too cold for the winter (who wants to go home with cold feet when is -3 outside!). instead of the masque use the gel, the cold scentsation doesn't last so long, or better still, use the raw earth range in the winter and the spa range in the summer.

Toni Talons said:
i was taught to put the masque on, wrap the feet in a towel, leave for a few minutes and then put the foot (still wrapped in the towel) back into the warm water. gives a lovely scentsation. use the wet towel to then wipe the masque off.

even tho my feet went back into warm water, my feet stayed cool for about 1 hour after.

only use the marine masque in the summer as its too cold for the winter (who wants to go home with cold feet when is -3 outside!). instead of the masque use the gel, the cold scentsation doesn't last so long, or better still, use the raw earth range in the winter and the spa range in the summer.

I was not told on my course that it would make the feet go cold!!!! We were also told that if we had heated bootees then we could use them at the masque stage, but I sure wont use the spa range again in the winter!!! I have both so will use the Raw Earth one for winter from now on. W actually had very little time on practical work and what we did do involved me sitting on a chair with 2 trainees working on one of my feet each at the same time it was very uncomfortable, I kept getting cramp and we had no proper facility to wash the products off my feet either, they just had to pour cold water from a small palstic cup over my feet. This didnt really wash it off properly and the water was caught on my towel on the floor!!!!!! All they used was 2 of the Raw Earth products as we also had no where to soak my feet.
In fact the whole course left a bit to be desired!!! We didnt have our usual educator and I didnt feel I got out of this course what I expected, I am going to mention this fact to my usual educator once she returns.
So as you can imagine I am working a bit in the dark and I do intend to take my Masters in Spa pedi and mani so I am having to learn by trial and error as I go along at the moment!!! :sad: :sad:

well, yes, it does make your feet cold!!!!! and the raw earth one warms them up (from what i understand but althought i've got the kit haven't tried it yet!)

definitely only use the marine masque in the summer!

did you not get a video with it? i'm sure i did.

Hi Marilyn,

It sounds like you needed more practise with the products before offering them to paying clients.

If you practise on yourself before working on your paying clients you will have a better understanding of how they work and will be better able to explain the affects to your clients.

I hope your client wasn't too alarmed by the cooling sensation (which as others have said is perfectly normal). I would offer her a nice warming paraffin treatment next time too...

Good luck,

Kx

i use the spa range...not had any training...but i am a qualfied beauty therapist.

If your appliying a cooling mask..................i wouldnt put them in heated boots?....kindof defeats the object...............or have i got this all wrong:cry: ...hey...............this is normally the case !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use raw earth and paraffin wax.....dependant on the treatment.

amb x

MINKUS said:
i use the spa range...not had any training...but i am a qualfied beauty therapist.

If your appliying a cooling mask..................i wouldnt put them in heated boots?....kindof defeats the object...............or have i got this all wrong:cry: ...hey...............this is normally the case !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use raw earth and paraffin wax.....dependant on the treatment.

amb x

Exactly!!! Why would anyone use a heat source with a masque that is meant to cool the feet?? This is not shown in the video and neither is it a recommendation given in classes.

geeg said:
Exactly!!! Why would anyone use a heat source with a masque that is meant to cool the feet?? This is not shown in the video and neither is it a recommendation given in classes.

I am not trying to argue the point here but as I said in my thread my course left a lot to be desired and I was not told that the masque would cool the feet, and if you are not told at the course about this you dont know, I also didnt have a video in my Spa pedi kit, (this I have now received) so didnt have a chance to watch it before the client came.

Karen said:
Hi Marilyn,

It sounds like you needed more practise with the products before offering them to paying clients.

If you practise on yourself before working on your paying clients you will have a better understanding of how they work and will be better able to explain the affects to your clients.

I hope your client wasn't too alarmed by the cooling sensation (which as others have said is perfectly normal). I would offer her a nice warming paraffin treatment next time too...

Good luck,

Kx

This wasnt a paying client she is one of my regular nail clients (and a friend) who I offered a free pedicure so I could get some practice as she knew I had just done the course. I dont charge people until I am 100% sure of what I am doing and can do it in a reasonable time. I cannot practice the Spa pedicure or manicure on myself as I am allergic to Iodine so cannot have any marine products on my skin. I will offer to do the Raw Earth one next time for her, hopefully we will have more success with that one!!:D

SpaManicure products are Citrus based and not Marine based.

geeg said:
SpaManicure products are Citrus based and not Marine based.

Oops, I was meant to just put pedicure there when I answered the reply to my thread but inadvertently put manicure as well. It is the pedicure that I cannot have as this is marine based. The manicure is fine.:o

Latest posts

Back