Spatulas - wooden / plastic / metal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the different spatulas available?

Also I would be interested to know your methods of cleaning them.

Thanks! xxx:hug:

Hi were training at the moment and we use the wooden disposable ones and throw them away. x

Metal ones for warm wax, I have an empty wax pot filled with solvent and a second one for barbacide (sp) when finished with, I drop the knife into the solvent. When client finish with I wipe the knife of with couch roll and drop it in the barbacide finish cleaning up and then take the knife and other bits out of the barbacide and put them away.
I use wooden ones for hot wax, never double dip and keep a rubbish bag tied to my trolley, drop them straight in.

Hey christine!

Im sure it depends on the type of wax ure using. Y dnt u ask elaine her opinion.

Cya 2moro!

Vicky

I love the large plastic spatula from Berins for legs. It simply wipes clean with a paper strip (well it does when using Ease - don't know about other warm waxes) and then you can sanitise with whatever method you choose from there.

I love the large plastic spatula from Berins for legs. It simply wipes clean with a paper strip (well it does when using Ease - don't know about other warm waxes) and then you can sanitise with whatever method you choose from there.

This is what I use too...and I love it. I do use the disposable wooden ones for underarms, face and bikini/braz waxing.

Hey christine!

Im sure it depends on the type of wax ure using. Y dnt u ask elaine her opinion.

Cya 2moro!

Vicky

I think I know that lol! Elaine knows a lot and is a great educator but I think there are better wax experts on here.

I use all 3!
I use disposable spatulas for my non-strip wax.
I use metal spatulas for my PR cristal ocean and plastic spatula for creme waxes.
I also have an empty wax tin filled with solvent and then just pop the spatulas in there when i've used them.
I usually leave them overnight and then you just need to wipe them in the morning and then put them in barbicide :)

Metal ones for warm wax, I have an empty wax pot filled with solvent and a second one for barbacide (sp) when finished with, I drop the knife into the solvent. When client finish with I wipe the knife of with couch roll and drop it in the barbacide finish cleaning up and then take the knife and other bits out of the barbacide and put them away.
I use wooden ones for hot wax, never double dip and keep a rubbish bag tied to my trolley, drop them straight in.

What fabulous advice.....where did you learn that? :):hug: xxx

Ps. Chrissie....when Susie say's 'empty wax pot' Perron Rigot sell brand new, sealed wax cans without wax and that's what I advise you keep your solvent in. xx

Last edited:
I bought two large skinny mug things from a second hand shop. They fit all by metal spatulas and other waxing bits in perfectly.
One has wax cleaner, the other barbicide. Straight after waxing i do the same as Suzi H. Its brill, lol

Thanks for all your great advice girls! xx:):hug:

What fabulous advice.....where did you learn that? :):hug: xxx

Ps. Chrissie....when Susie say's 'empty wax pot' Perron Rigot sell brand new, sealed wax cans without wax and that's what I advise you keep your solvent in. xx

Lol Kim, you know its all you hun and yes my empty's are new ones from Perron Rigot, it makes life so easy:green::hug:

Latest posts

Back