Speed Dating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlise

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine has been thinking of ........ OK, OK, it's me :lol:

I have decided that I hate all men, and the only way to get over the one that is breaking my heart every day, is to get on top of another one :lol::o (just joking about the last bit).

So, I've been looking into speed dating and it looks like fun. My attitude is, even if I don't meet my knight in shining armour, it should be a good laugh and a night out.

So my question is, have any of you tried it or know of someone who did ?

How did it go, was it any good ?

Would appreciate any feedback on it, before I walk into the lions den :lol:

Marlise

Not so sure about speed dating chick but have you tried 'tinterweb dating?? Sarah Beeny has a site called mysinglefriend its pretty good!!

Not so sure about speed dating chick but have you tried 'tinterweb dating?? Sarah Beeny has a site called mysinglefriend its pretty good!!

Wow, that was quick !

What is "tinterweb dating" Never heard of it .....

Edit:

Just googled it, tinterweb is INTERNET !!!

Yeah, have thought about it, but don't have a pc / lappie at home, so a bit difficult. Ultimately, finances don't allow it :-(

M.

he he he he cant believe you googled it!!! pmsl!!! Me and my northern-ness!! If yo have a mate with a laptop or something ....mysinglefriend gets your friend to write your profile for you! Its pretty good!!! I used to laugh at interent dating but I met my fiance that way!!! Even if you set it up from work......oooh I am naughty arent I?!!

I met my hubby through "text to date ".......like internet but texting....we have been together nearly 4 years and married nearly 3 years....

I could not be happier....good luck with it hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

he he he he cant believe you googled it!!! pmsl!!! Me and my northern-ness!! If yo have a mate with a laptop or something ....mysinglefriend gets your friend to write your profile for you! Its pretty good!!! I used to laugh at interent dating but I met my fiance that way!!! Even if you set it up from work......oooh I am naughty arent I?!!

Doesn't take much to confuse me :lol:

Just tried accessing it from work, but sites like that are BLOCKED and get reported to our IT department.

So I'll probably have my boss on my neck on Monday wanting to know why I was trying to access a dating site from work :cry:

M.

Just tried accessing it from work, but sites like that are BLOCKED and get reported to our IT department.

So I'll probably have my boss on my neck on Monday wanting to know why I was trying to access a dating site from work :cry:

M.

Ooooopsy.....sorry chick!!!

M.

Just tell them you clicked on a pop-up by mistake...:lol:

I have no advice as regards speed dating...but it can't do any harm???
You will get out for one thing...meet new people for another...and it can only help you build up some confindence...

You should definitely give it a try... if only to go out and have some fun ( which you deserve ) :hug: xxxxxx

well...I went speed dating and by the second guy I was desperate to drink myself into obliviation!It was a DISASTER!The first guys hobby,no joke was going on busses.I might just have been unlucky but I would recomend going with a friend as I did and at least you can have a drink/laugh/meal as we did.I would def try internet dating.:hug:

well...I went speed dating and by the second guy I was desperate to drink myself into obliviation!It was a DISASTER!The first guys hobby,no joke was going on busses.I might just have been unlucky but I would recomend going with a friend as I did and at least you can have a drink/laugh/meal as we did.I would def try internet dating.:hug:

Oh no, don't say things like that !! :eek: :eek:

Have to admit, I'm a bit confused as to how it works. You get 20, 3min dates to get to know the person.

Does that mean it's a minute and a half each to ask questions etc ??

Also, the place I'm thinking of says "to have some questions up your sleeve" but not to have a list of ready made questions as this can put people off....

I always thought you'd ask questions like... I don't know.... do you like pets, what would be your fantasy holiday or stuff like that to get an idea about what they like / don't like / personality etc.

Now I'm wondering if I got it all wrong .....

How did yours work ??

M.

PS: What was the name of the company you used to attend the event ?

Last edited:
Right my friend went Speed Dating, I tagged along just to keep her company, tbh, its was crazy! She had nothing to lose, so instead of asking questions, if she liked the look of a guy, she simply said 'do you fancy me?' if the answer was yes, then they both agreed to tick each others boxes and arrange a date!

She found 2 blokes she liked that night 1 liked her, 1 didnt, they went on a couple of dates, he was a bit of a prat, it didnt work, they finished. But she is going again in March!

Give it a go Marlise! You dont know these men, so ask them what you want and dont hold back!

Good luck hun xxx:hug:

Oh no, don't say things like that !! :eek: :eek:

Have to admit, I'm a bit confused as to how it works. You get 20, 3min dates to get to know the person.

Does that mean it's a minute and a half each to ask questions etc ??

Also, the place I'm thinking of says "to have some questions up your sleeve" but not to have a list of ready made questions as this can put people off....

I always thought you'd ask questions like... I don't know.... do you like pets, what would be your fantasy holiday or stuff like that to get an idea about what they like / don't like / personality etc.

Now I'm wondering if I got it all wrong .....

How did yours work ??

M.

PS: What was the name of the company you used to attend the event ?

Like hayls says give it go as I may just have been unlucky.I had a few questions ready but didnt bother with them as no body took my fancy.I went with xfactor dattes and it was in leicester.I think you 'know' if you are interested pretty soon within meeting someone so the 1-2 or 3 minutes you get can be either the longest minutes in the world or they fly by.You get the chance afterwards to talk to any one you liked.HTH xx

Latest posts

Back