spf moisturiser for men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Hello:green:
I use Eve Taylor for myself (solar shield) but hubby has declared it too girly, can anyone recommend a good spf moisturiser specifically for men, has to be very light as he hates the feel of cream on his face but needs to be at least spf15,
thanks xxx

Academie spf 25 for the face,very light you need a tiny amount its 75 ml so is bigger than usual size and you put it over your usual face cream.(and its not girly!!)

The reason why you do this as Academie does not compromise on the efficacy of the ingredients as its more difficult to combine spf ingredients together with highly active essential oils,phyto therapy and marine and fruit therapy.

failing that,dermalogica do a fantastic spf 25,L occitane as well,although its suited for more drier skins.

Elemis has an spf 30 aswell,and its VERY light in texture,almost fluid like,my hubby wears this one.

I prefer Academie....but then i would:lol::rolleyes:

Academie spf 25 for the face,very light you need a tiny amount its 75 ml so is bigger than usual size and you put it over your usual face cream.(and its not girly!!)

The reason why you do this as Academie does not compromise on the efficacy of the ingredients as its more difficult to combine spf ingredients together with highly active essential oils,phyto therapy and marine and fruit therapy.

failing that,dermalogica do a fantastic spf 25,L occitane as well,although its suited for more drier skins.

Elemis has an spf 30 aswell,and its VERY light in texture,almost fluid like,my hubby wears this one.

I prefer Academie....but then i would:lol::rolleyes:
thanks hun thats great, i will probably go for the elemis, hubby has a real aversion to anything on his face so the lighter the better, thanks again for your reply x:)

It's worth remembering that the SPF in most facial moisturisers is broken down by the damaging UVA/UVB after a couple of hours of being in the sun so it has to be re-applied throughout the day.
xx:hug:xx

My alpha male husband loves the Hugo Boss skincare range...manly and effective!! He particularly loves the after shave balm.

Avon do one and my BF swears by it... It also has a masculine scent to it which will also seem more atractive to them

What you have to take into consideration are photosensaitve iongredients like fragrance and artificial colouring which can leave unsightly pigmentation around the beard area. The Eve Taylor solar shield is far from girly... surely it is about skins safety.
The solar shield protects from UVA UVB and infa red rays the essential oils have natural sunscreening properties also. It is worth remembering that all sunscreens should be applied at least 15-20 minutes before sun exposure.
The purifying range from Eve Taylor is great for men, however I do know they are soon to release a Mens range. I hope that is of help!:)

Boot- Simple range "face protector hydrolotion" spf 30 is very light even on oily skins and has added antioxidents- it actually seems to reduce wrinkles as well as prevent them

I use "MD formulations" total age protector, it's light, untinted, is absorbed very quickly and it a great moisturiser also

Latest posts

Back