Spiders!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG that's huge and really horrible. It makes my hair stand up just looking at that x

This lived under that cup for 2 whole weeks (cruel I know but I was terrified of it) and it was still alive and kicking,my creature loving sister in law eventually saved it and released it..she said it ran like the clappers.ha. I still loose sleep worrying if its found it's way home!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340988819.374303.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340988819.374303.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 211
It must be this year cause they are huge. Once I cleaned out the stuff from under the bed it's helped but still getting them in the house and they are huge lol x

I can only dip in and out, briefly, on this thread as I'm so stupid about those 8 legged creatures.
What is it about them?

Any rodents, mice, rats, fine.
Snakes? How beautiful.
Wasps? Bloomin' painful stings, ( specially if they get inside your jeans. Don't ask...) But just a nuisance, and I shoo them out.
Bees? Fabulous, fascinating creatures.

But....those other creatures. Nooooooooo!!!

There is an evolutionary theory that tries to explain phobias - creatures that move in unpredictable ways can pose more of a threat if it's difficult to anticipate how they move.

Eg spiders, move in all directions, crabs - sideways, moths - erratic, snakes - slide not walk etc, birds flap about and so on..

Therefore the more they move like humans, the less of a phobic threat they become eg four legs- will only really walk forwards/backwards and we can anticipate how they are going to attack us.

I like it as a theory as it explains irrational fear of spiders for me!

This was in my lounge wall the other night! Was bloomin' huuuuuge! Was scared to sleep that night lol!

X

That's a huge bitch!

I'm scared to sleep again....
I swear my house is being terrorised by spiders.
I was asleep and could hear banging down stairs so text my partner "what's going on down there" he said he was on a spider hunt a massive one has just run along the floor under the sofa.
So I went down to help him and we pulled our lounge apart looking for it. Taking apart the sofa moved the tables me armed with a coat hanger and him with a shoe lol found it in the end.
I hate them so much they seem to like our house :-(
My skin feels all itchy and crawly now.
Is anyone else getting spiders indoors?
X

I have Spider Stop from the Bettaware that I spray outside the front door on the surrounding walls and it works well.

I have never heard of the plugs but would be willing to try.

Also, just check all the seals in the room, houses move all the time, any chance a hole could have appeared?

H x

I have this spider stop too and it seems to work (fingers crossed) I am absolutely terrified of them!! I had a tiny gap under my window sill & I was lying one night and just saw these 5 legs coming down like it was trying to get out!!! A few months later the same thing happened but the legs were so much bigger I was in tears!
I'm moving into my own flat in January and will be purchasing these plug ins as its always my mum that gets rid of spiders for me. My dad just hits them so they go flying & my boyfriend throws them at me!!!!
Yuck yuck yuck hate them :( x

If my boyfriend threw them at me we would be over, no joke.

I'm terrified but trying to calm myself. Once I have kids I don't want to pass my fear onto them.

Yesterday I was laying in bed reading when I saw a small one crawling along my hand. Instinctively flicked it off and then had to search the whole bed for the blooming thing. Uggh xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive just LOL'd a this post. You guys are hilarious! I too DESPISE spiders, my skin crawls and i squeal wen i see one :) im in the process of moving house so have been clearing out room by room. Did my 2yr olds room, picked up a pair of jeans that had been hiding......no word of a lie.....this big fat orange thing starts crawling out of his pocket......come to think of it hes sat on my knee now wearing them jeans :-s i shudder thinking about them!! Xx

I've found out over time, I don't like them, at all, but if I see them first as in they haven't moved to catch my eye I'm ok with them, can put them in a glass, scoop them up with a card covering the top and throw them as far away from the house as possible (like a sling shot) however if I see them because they moved... Ugh he na ah, can't do it! They must be squashed or someone else gets them for me!

My cousin hates them and has called me to go and get one for her lol.

My ex thought it was funny one day as he was leaving to wake me up and point one out that was in the room (beefy thing) and leave without doing anything.... So I used his fave mag to squash it.

My bf caught one in a glass a few months ago and decided to measure it, it was that big... 2nhalf inch span or 3nhalf it was huge! I can find the pic if you would like. Lol

I also have a theory... It's a disgusting one but I am convinced it works! I used to get loads in my room, all the time. Big ones. And once I killed one by squashing with a stick, it was so big I couldn't bring myself to get close enough with tissue to remove it, so it stayed on the wall for months and I didn't see another spider! Then one day mom finally decided enough was enough as its disgusting and moved it... That night 3 spiders, one went behind the wardrobe and she found me in the living room as I was not sleeping in the room knowing one was wondering about!

Vile things lol.

I got bit by a spider last night!...:eek:

Oh god I am terrified of them aswell. In my beauty room I rent below a hairdressers I always get them. It's because it's in the basement I think. But I bought that betterware stuff and have been spraying the bits where they usually hang about and that's seemed to help a bit.

I can't even catch them in a glass, or stand on them or anything because I'm too frightened. I was doing a bikini and leg wax on a client one time when I noticed a spider and I had her chasing it around my room in her knickers haha! I just can't deal with them, I need them to get out ASAP. I don't tend to have alot in my house and if I do they're not that big. My mum gets them for me, I'll get her up on the ladders and everything to catch a spider lol!

Oh god it's not even funny I'm freaking out!

UGHHH I hate spiders!! I can do ANYTHING else, rodents, reptiles, other insects but not spiders, ohhh noooo!

Found this beast in my inside porch, right beside my front door, took me ages to pluck up the courage to walk past it to get in. I had to get a neighbour to come help, and I could tell even he was afraid!

Its leg span is literally the size of the brick!

Attachments

• Spider.jpg
    Spider.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 135
UGHHH I hate spiders!! I can do ANYTHING else, rodents, reptiles, other insects but not spiders, ohhh noooo!

Found this beast in my inside porch, right beside my front door, took me ages to pluck up the courage to walk past it to get in. I had to get a neighbour to come help, and I could tell even he was afraid!

OMG OMG ........ I would have been sick !!!!! .... That is huge

Holy mary mother of god thats ginormous!!!!!!!

Omg, that's massive!!! Must say u guys are hilarious !! sitting next to the pool side and cant stop laughing..

Last summer I used to wake in the middle of the night thinking something was crawling on me!! And guess what it used to be a" spider" eegh.
When I gave a good clean to my bedroom I found about 12 spiders and under my queen size bed was sheets of cobwebs!! Oh I felt sick to death.

Why the hell have I clicked onto this thread. I am petrified of the damn things! Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm terrified of them! Oh the hilarious stories I could tell you with situations I've got myself in because of them!

I'm actually scared of crabs too which comes from my fear of spiders, I had an ex boyfriend throw a crab at me thinking it would be funny, was funnier when he was in the marina, single, with a jellyfish stuck to him!

Xxxx

I do apologise to everyone who hates spiders and it was me who started the topic as I was getting a large number of spiders in our spare room !!!!!

I must admit its great reading everyone's stories and special thanks to the people who posted pics lol x

Latest posts

Back