Spiders!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph41

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have a bit of an issue :eek: in my sons room over the past few days I keep hearing "mum another one" I seem to have a spider problem. Everyday/night these big spiders keep appearing only in that one room. They are just black house spiders and are not small. What could this be and why so many ?

I know we all get them in the house but I can't remember ever seeing so many in one room ...... It's very strange.

I came downstairs this morning to find one on my wall, then I looked and there were 2 squashed ones on the carpet, they all looked the same type of spider, I hate spiders so its freaking me out a little bit, sorry cant be of help to you, think the warm weather brings them out! x

I'm glad it's not just me, It must be the weather, there seems so many ...... Makes my skin crawl lol

I am terrified of them, i bought a plug in off ebay which is a spider deterrant and so far it seems to have worked! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I am terrified of them, i bought a plug in off ebay which is a spider deterrant and so far it seems to have worked! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oooh i'll be having one in every room then! x

I was told that conkers were a good deterant for spiders and there never sempt to be any in my brothers room and he has conkers in there so we got loads and but them round the house like under the cuboards and stuff. Yesterday imagine my suprise I looked behind the sofa and there was a huge spider just chilled out next to the conker. So in conclusion I don't know what you can do but the conker thing is rubbish.

That's strange, I thought they only came in in September time when the weather started to turn.

There are supposedly some essential oils that they don't like. I read about the conker thing and did use it, but a spider chilling out right next to it has put that theory to bed now!

Great topic - from an Arachnophobic

The conkers after awhile dry out and die off, that's when they won't be effective. So, they do work but need to be changed regularly.

I have Spider Stop from the Bettaware that I spray outside the front door on the surrounding walls and it works well.

I have never heard of the plugs but would be willing to try.

Also, just check all the seals in the room, houses move all the time, any chance a hole could have appeared?

Make sure he closes his windows before it gets dark as spiders are nocturnal.

To every one of us, there are over 3000 spiders so in any direction, a spider is only ever 3ft away from you.

My life has been affected so bad by Arachnophobia, I had CBT and as much as I wouldn't want one crawling on me, I am much better around them.

Good luck,

H x

Great topic - from an Arachnophobic

The conkers after awhile dry out and die off, that's when they won't be effective. So, they do work but need to be changed regularly.

To every one of us, there are over 3000 spiders so in any direction, a spider is only ever 3ft away from you.

H x

Ah I'll have to get some new ones then the only problem is you can't get them all year :(

And why would you tell me there are 3000 spiders per person and that 3ft away from me there's a spider. What a mean fact to share lol x

I hate spiders too, i was woken the other night by screaming! ran into my daughters room and was a huge one by her bed, i got a long broom to try and pick it up and stick it out the window but it fell off we were both screaming pulling the bed out! god knows what my neighbours thought!
A few months ago id been away for the week and my boyfriend dropped us off home, there was the biggest spider in the bath i have ever seen! i could not look at it and went hysterical. My bf said he never seen one like that! it was so big he said it could of done with a lead!!!
I think its the weather too :( xx

My Son gets loads in his room and they are big buggers! :eek: like... the leg span only just fits inside a pint glass kinda big! lol.

To be honest I think the reason he gets them in there more than the rest of the house is because he is a typical 9 year old boy with toys piled everywhere and these spiders love all the little places to hide under lego etc and wait until the big humans go to bed before they come out :wink2:

Luckily I am ok with spiders, which is a bloody good job really as my partner is petrified, and much to his disgust I will quite happily pick one up in my hands and take it out.

Moths however? :Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

My Son gets loads in his room and they are big buggers! :eek: like... the leg span only just fits inside a pint glass kinda big! lol.

To be honest I think the reason he gets them in there more than the rest of the house is because he is a typical 9 year old boy with toys piled everywhere and these spiders love all the little places to hide under lego etc and wait until the big humans go to bed before they come out :wink2:

Luckily I am ok with spiders, which is a bloody good job really as my partner is petrified, and much to his disgust I will quite happily pick one up in my hands and take it out.

Moths however? :Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

Wow I'm impressed :) x x

Thanks so much for all the replies ...... If it hasn't got rid of the spiders it's cheered me up no end, that's why I love this site x

As for the spiders it must be the weather as I have never seen so many but I'm off to look on eBay for a plug in thing x

My boyfriend once stood in the hall refusing to go into my sons room... commenting that 'that thing is no house spider... it's that f***ing big it should be in a zoo!!!'

Oh how I laughed :lol:

Thanks so much for all the replies ...... If it hasn't got rid of the spiders it's cheered me up no end, that's why I love this site x

As for the spiders it must be the weather as I have never seen so many but I'm off to look on eBay for a plug in thing x

Has it been thundery where you are? They don't like the thunder so make their way inside x

Well yr not alone:hug:
They make me sweat shake and feel sick! i really cant help it and the big one has scared me for life, i have conkers all over but like someone said there dry now so no good :( xx

I live in Warwickshire we have not hard storms yet !!! I just can't stand them they make me feel sick and I can't work out why it's that room apart from being a typical teenager he's room is not that messy.

I think I'm going in with the Hoover and see what I can find lol x

I will never sleep again!! :Scared:

I absolutely hate spiders, they terrify me! I'm too much of a wimp to even get rid of them myself, I cant bear to get close enough to splat them with a shoe and I'm even afraid of hoovering them because I hate knowing that the spider is going to travel through my hand (if that makes sense!) Mad!
I didn't even realise you could get plug in spider repellers, definitely the next thing I'll be buying - they seem to come and find me.

I am so terrified of spiders I have nightmares about them and wake up screaming! My partner has to wake me up and put the lights on to prove I've dreamt it! So imagine my horror yesterday morning when I woke up and leant over to have a drink from my glass of water (that I'd been drinking from all night) to find a dead spider floating in it!!! I swear I nearly had a heart attack. I'd only had a drink from it half an hour earlier! So last night I had a mat over my glass, just in case, and this morning there was a spider floating in my partners glass!! Can you believe it??! I'm bloody traumatised! X

There seems to be so many spiders at the moment i was starting to think it was me :Scared:

When my son was younger i was on my own with him for a few years and when ever we had a spider i used to call my dad and he'd come round in the car to get rid of it, that was ok until i moved an hours drive away :eek:

Latest posts

Back