Sponged Nails ... Would You Or Wouldnt You???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya,
Here is a pic of my nails that I have painted for tonights nail-art class.
First lesson I always go for sponging as I think its so easy to get results ... remember the first time you had a go with a long liner, lol!
Anyway, I cant stop looking at my nails :rolleyes: reson being... I cant decide what I think of them.
The look is very striking but, if I werent doing this class tonight would I wear this look myself? ... hmmm! dunno!
What do you guys think??? do you still wear the more simple nail art techniques or have we all moved on to 3D and Glitter acrylics? Be interested to hear your thoughts.

Attachments

• Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 644
I personally think the effect is fab, and can't wait to have some time to myself to try it out, it's high up on my list! (Once I've finished decorating the downstairs loo - a suprise thank-you to mum and dad for funding my training, though I have to get it all done and tidy by tomorrow!!) Have ignored my striper brushes for now as I can't seem to control them and they just make me cross!:mad: (Yes, I'm like a two year old throwing a tantrum!) :o

Do you mask the finger area or simply clean up afterwards..?

As for would you wear them yourself - maybe in slightly more subtle colours, for example, if you used three shades of pink or purple, or pastel sherbet colours. The great thing about sponging I think is that the same effect can be subtle or striking depending on the colours you use.

Lol x

Hi,

I like your nails, but for me I think I would have different colors. The technique quarantees that no two nails are the same and I like that.

I've thought about asking my nail tech about doing a design that goes across the hand, started at the thumb maybe and continued across. Imagine a bonsai tree that starts at the thumb and the branches and leaves go over each nail until the little finger nail just has a few end leaves. I think that would look stunning.

Sue.

They're fab :green:

As a client - I probably wouldn't have worn them, in those colours (I'm pale skinned and blue makes me look dead :lol: )

As a Nail Tech I would - they are striking and fabulous - and that's what I like to see in people I use, whether it's hairdressers, nail techs, builders, etc. It inspires confidence in me that they know what they are doing and are confident in their skills and business :green:

i love them they are like lapis !

I truly like them. They do look like lapis. I have not tried sponging, but i do intend to give it a go now. Well done.

Dawn

Wow rock on hun, they are funky

I have been meaning to do this for ages and will tonight onto of my first trial of gels...

They are gorgeous - I would definately have them donw (the brighter the better for my nails). They will certainly grab people's attention and thats what you want in this business to get your new clients!

They look fab, can someone tell me how to do them? What paints are used?

My dear GloBug

I think they ae FABULOUS!!

Very Jackson Pollock...search in yahoo if you dont know who he is lol! (he's an artist)

I love the blue too! Nice'n'Retro, I'd wear em...then again...Id wear just about any nail art on my nails :o ;)

xxxxxxxxxx

I think it gives a great effect and would certainly try it on my own nails, but as a few people have said, in different colours. Pastels maybe?

is nobody going to tell me how to do them? I have a free night tonight I could have practised.

marie111 said:
is nobody going to tell me how to do them? I have a free night tonight I could have practised.
Hiya Marie,
Sorry been out all day, so missed this.
Well sponging is just the easiest of nail art.
All you need is polish and a sponge ... any old sponge will do but, a natural one with lots of little craters is best.
I paint my nails, let them dry, then just dip a little bit of sponge into acrylic paint and dab onto the nail, if you dont have any acrylic paint handy you can use polish too. Voila! ... Sponged nails.

they look fab, a natural sponge is next on my hitlist of 'essentials' (as if it isn't a long enough list already) lol

Glors - they look great. Did you do black polish, then sponge gold, then the blue? Not seen this before, so will have an experiment.
Glorsclaws said:
Hiya Marie,
Sorry been out all day, so missed this.
Well sponging is just the easiest of nail art.
All you need is polish and a sponge ... any old sponge will do but, a natural one with lots of little craters is best.
I paint my nails, let them dry, then just dip a little bit of sponge into acrylic paint and dab onto the nail, if you dont have any acrylic paint handy you can use polish too. Voila! ... Sponged nails.

Wow..................... :d

i know im gonna sound daft but i did nail art at my local college and i'm sure i never covered that?

is this taught on most nail art courses if not does anyone know of on where i can do more that dotting, striping and sticking gems on?

cheers me dears

I love 'em too! As said before, I'd prob prefer to wear the in more subtle colours myself, but yours are a perfect example!
I'd never heard of this effect before either - so will give it a go asap!

I love sponging, it's one of my favorites.............
Easy and you can really get some stunning results..........
the colours are brill babe, nice one................

Have you tried the french look with sponging............ it's wicked.................
Paint your smile line and then carefully dab just the fench white with a subtle pink and a deeper pink...............looks so cool...............
Sorry got no pics of that, but did it a few years back and boy did they get noticed.......

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Have you tried the french look with sponging............ it's wicked.................
Paint your smile line and then carefully dab just the fench white with a subtle pink and a deeper pink...............looks so cool...............
Sorry got no pics of that, but did it a few years back and boy did they get noticed.......
Wot no pics ..... :eek:
Well Ruth youre just going to have to show me instead then when you come comp practising ;) ... Ill add it to my ever growing list of 'things to do with Ruth', lmao!!!

Latest posts

Back