Spotty skin..help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freckles14

Reaction score
Hi,

Im not a skin geek, so i'm unsure what i'm talking about..
I've been suffering from spots around my chin, jawline now since last year... I'm not used to it, as I've normally have really good skin. They disappeared on holiday last year, and when i returned back :sad: they came back, but for the last 5/6 months they got worst, some come to the surface, other don't and they get itchy too.
Ive tried some facewashes, and facials... different spot gel/cream, but I don't see a difference..

I was gonna try microdermabrasion?? Or does anyone recommend a good system that works? Like a good facial wash?? Any help would be gratefull, as its starting to get to me (feel like people are looking at my spots :sad::sad:)

Thank you lots
Samantha.x

Have you changed eating habits?? Are you on medication? the pill? - It could be hormonal. Is it worse around period time?

What sort of spots are they? the whitehead ones or the ones that are under the skin and really hurt?

The sun would have helped on holiday and out weather has been awful so it wouldn't help. Have a regular facial once a month with steam and see if that helps. microdermabrasion is more for pigment and acne scarring as far as i know.....let me know and i'll see what advice i have. HTH

No, eating much the same (though, sometimes not as healthy as i maybe should :rolleyes: ) On the injection, but i've been on that for years, and don't get periods (Which i love, haha)

Mostly under the skin, they can get itchy, then i scratch, which then makes them sore and red. Some of them become a white/yellow head, then I pop. I'm a picker, which doesn't help, i just want them to go away.

Never thought about steam, I sure the the salon i used to go too go to does steam treatment with there facial. I will try that. Thank you for your advise :) x

It could be a hormonal problem, especially as the spots are around your chin/jawline, and also as you say you've generally had good skin. Maybe you should speak to your GP as well as having facials.

Latest posts

Back