Spray Gun Dripping and Leaking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louby_lou

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope someone can help me, ive not experienced this problem before and thoroughly clean my gun each day but recently it has started dripping out solution whilst i am doing a tan. Does anyone know why this is and what i can do aboutit please?

Thanks

What do you clean your gun out with?
Sometimes if you use oil based products they can wear the rings/seals inside the gun which can make them leak.
Mine was dripping a few weeks ago and it was simply that i hadn't tightened the nozzle up enough :)

I dont know what machine you are using hun. The best thing you can do is phone the company you got it from. They get asked these questions everyday and can probably give you better advise than us geeks. xxx

Another thing to note is that your gun does not need thoroughly cleaned and taken apart every day.
I clean my cup every day and flush clean water through it but i only take my gun apart once a week.
I would check that you have tightened everything up properly first.

Make sure you have the lid ring (disc thingy) in the screw part of your cup. I forgot mine once and it was leaking terrible, is it only leaking when your machine is turned on? disconnect the gun from the machine & put some water in the cup, screw it back on to the gun and shake it about to see if it is still leaking you should see where the leak is coming from if so, it might be the seal on the cup. Just an idea.:hug:.

Hi,
I hope someone can help me, ive not experienced this problem before and thoroughly clean my gun each day but recently it has started dripping out solution whilst i am doing a tan. Does anyone know why this is and what i can do aboutit please?

Thanks

All problems are solvable....where is the solution leaking from??

Thanks for all your advise, i just clean it out with water but ill tighten and see if it stops

hi

my gun does exactly the same thing. i use a white tape that plumbers use to tighten things. its soft white tape and you just wrap it around the top of your cup and then twist your gun on and thats it no more leaks.

not sure where to get this cos my friend got me it.

xxxxx

Wow this is amazing..how the heck can we offer advice ...and apparently effect a cure, when we don't even know where the leak is...it could be the brass nut or the or the kind of thing but glad the poster feels we've fixed things for her :hug:

Oh and Weej87 from what you are saying the problem could have emanated from over tightening the cup..often done and can crush the white "O" ring seal in the cup receptor as well as to distort the thread on the cup itself.:eek:

You can get replacement "O" rigs for only a couple of quid as well as new cups for pennies....might be a lot easier for you and look better save you time etc etc :hug:

Wow this is amazing..how the heck can we offer advice ...and apparently effect a cure, when we don't even know where the leak is...it could be the brass nut or the or the kind of thing but glad the poster feels we've fixed things for her :hug:

Oh and Weej87 from what you are saying the problem could have emanated from over tightening the cup..often done and can crush the white "O" ring seal in the cup receptor as well as to distort the thread on the cup itself.:eek:

You can get replacement "O" rigs for only a couple of quid as well as new cups for pennies....might be a lot easier for you and look better save you time etc etc :hug:

Oh god how many times have i over-tightened my cup lid!
Am mid spraying and have solution suddenly running down my hands :irked:
My gun has the cup on top so it runs all down my fingers and end up with nice brown stained hands :lol:
I have 2 lids and both are patched up!
Don't know about cups for pennies-my new cup costs £30 :eek:

£30, that really is a rip off, at our salon our gun was not spraying as good as it used to, we stripped it down and noticed that (after about a year) the needle had a fair bit of ware on the end. fine emery board and the tip was smooth and sharp like a perfect point. saved us getting ripped off for a new needle (or knowing apollo suppliers a new gun!)

Su x

£30, that really is a rip off, at our salon our gun was not spraying as good as it used to, we stripped it down and noticed that (after about a year) the needle had a fair bit of ware on the end. fine emery board and the tip was smooth and sharp like a perfect point. saved us getting ripped off for a new needle (or knowing apollo suppliers a new gun!)

Su x

ehem..were an Apollo supplier and only recommend new gun's if all avenues have been explored first of all and only if all else has failed...:eek:

Ahemm! - I got quoted more for a new needle than the whole new gun can be purchased for!!! now THAT is a rip off! :eek:

Ahemm! - I got quoted more for a new needle than the whole new gun can be purchased for!!! now THAT is a rip off! :eek:

That is disgraceful...do they truly believe therapists are that thick:irked:

Exactly, where was that from? that is terrible. the needle is a very cheap item, and can be purchased for a fraction of the price of the gun, from the correct channels.

Su x

Exactly, where was that from? that is terrible. the needle is a very cheap item, and can be purchased for a fraction of the price of the gun, from the correct channels.

Su x

You should not be paying more than around £20 for needles :hug:

you probably only need a new cup or seal, u can get these for around a fiver a cup which isnt that cheap, however if you'r machine is under warrenty then the company that sold it you have to give these you foc! best thing to do is ring the company you got it from x

Just out of interest i thought i would call my suppliers and see how much they charged for a needle.
They don't sell needles on their own i was informed! So, i would have to buy a whole replacement gun at a cost of £165.
Oh well they did agree to send me a new lid for my cup free of charge. Will just have to remember not to tighten it too much this time!

you probably only need a new cup or seal, u can get these for around a fiver a cup which isnt that cheap, however if you'r machine is under warrenty then the company that sold it you have to give these you foc! best thing to do is ring the company you got it from x

Well i think a fiver a cup is very cheap when i have to pay £30!

Latest posts

Back