Spray tan dark patches on face-picture too!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hi
I have been spray tanning 8 years and have recently came across this problem. It's on of my regular customers who insists she prepares her skin correctly but this is the second time she has complained about dark spots on her face.
First time she complained I offered another tan for free as I had been spraying her regularly in a salon and had just switched to being mobile so I presumed it would of been something do do with storing the solution in my car??
Anyway this is the second time she has complained and wasn't very happy this time as she was going to a party. I had sprayed her a few times since the first problem time either no problems.
I use suntana she has the same shade each time and I also use the same gun and spray her in the same way each time.

Now I feel it must be something she is doing to make the dark spots hsppened but we all know how customers react when we say it's something she is going wrong. But I can't think of what it could be if I keep everything else the same each time I spray her.
And yes I clean my gun out regular the same way each time in between appointments

Any suggestions or help with what I can say/do? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411826974.710923.jpg

Hard to say from the pic, but it looks like maybe a patch of dry skin or even a little eczema or psoriasis. I cant think of anything else sorry x

Thanks. Surely it has to be something on her skin that the tan is clinging to?
She seems to think it is the spray gun causing this but like I said I never have had this from anyone else.
How would I word this to her without p**sing her off!
Should I tell her I contacted the spray company or say I asked another opinion. X

Why not try to pm collin , he is the tanning expert on here so maybe he can offer some better advice. But i would 99% say it was down to the tan clinging on to dry patches. When you have re sprayed her in the past was there any improvement? I would just go down the lines off " i am so sorry but when there is excess dry skin the tan does tend to look a little patchy in these areas, unfortunately re spraying your face would be of no benefit , as it would only emphasize it more. Has we know there is a problem in this area, maybe for any future tans i would use a little barrier cream to avoid this happening again. " hth xx

Would be interesting to see her skin before tanning.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive only been trained for a few months but it looks to me like dry patches or ache scars that the tan has clined on to. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've only been qualified since July but if I don't exfoliate my face really really well where I have a dry patch the tan clings and goes either orange or brown. It's like a diagonal stripe from edge of my nostril to my jaw line...looks awful if I don't prep right took me a longe time to get it right x

Are the patches in exactly the same place or have they varied slightly with each tan?

I've been spray tanning for 11 years now and those patches have occurred on my arms sometimes. I wonder if it is dry skin but it sometimes seems to be where I am naturally freckly, so maybe it is something to do with pigment?

I'd be inclined to be completely honest and tell her you really aren't sure what it is, but that sometimes the tan can cling to any dry patches. If you spray over it it will just get darker unless she exfoliates.

Hi, I have some hyper pigmentation on my face and I find a spray tan blends it in somewhat, however I have read that it can go two ways, it can help to blend or it can make the pigmentation stand out more. So I was wondering if your client may have developed some hyper pigmentation in those areas, maybe really faint so they don't normally notice, maybe only noticeable under a woods lamp even, but the spray tan is causing them to stand out more.

Latest posts

Back