Spray Tan Geeks - Your advice please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I need your advice please. I am getting married next Friday and I am planning to have a spray tan. I have had one before it was St Tropez but it went a bit wrong, started to run as it was raining went back and they reapplied but I just wasnt happy with it.

I have looked into Tantu and Australian Gold, has anyone had any of these spray tans or knows about them.
As I am working in the day it has to be done in the evening.
Just dont want this one to mess up this time:biggrin:
Any tips would be great. Thanks geeks x

My advice would be - DON'T!

I would say you've left it too late to be experimenting with a tan, and if you called me up for it, I couldn't bring myself to spray you.

It's your big day, decide on the english rose look, you could spoil it all with a tan that you're not happy with.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I believe in truth for my clients - even if it costs me a treatment :)

Have a wonderful day and a happy happy life together
G x

My advice would be - DON'T!

I would say you've left it too late to be experimenting with a tan, and if you called me up for it, I couldn't bring myself to spray you.

It's your big day, decide on the english rose look, you could spoil it all with a tan that you're not happy with.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I believe in truth for my clients - even if it costs me a treatment :)

Have a wonderful day and a happy happy life together
G x

hey thanks and i appreciate your comments, but im not really experimenting, i use fake tan all the time on myself the cream type, just wanted an all over airbrush really as im wearing an ivory dress and i look so pasty, I know what
your saying though and thanks for your help x

In that case, maybe you should stick to what you know?

I would agree with Gill - you don't have time now to find a spray tan that you really like, and if it goes wrong now you are scuppered - so if the cream tan works for you, go with that.

If you are not new to tanning,and want to then you know all of the pre care and after care.

Personally i think either Tantrick,couture or academie are the best ones from what ive heard.

Im sorry i cant be of more help!
Are there salons in your area that do theses?

cheers
Well you have out me right off that now :lol:
Maybe i should go with the pasty look after all :)

Anyone for anyone else who agrees i shouldn't bother ???????

I never tan brides without a 'trial run'. This is for a number of different reasons and nothing to do with my spray tanning ability! lol
If I were you I'd try and book in a last minute tan tomorrow if you can but no later than tomorrow as most tans last a week! Then you would have a good idea of the end result and if the solution suited you and if you had any reaction to it (although quite rare) etc plus if the Tech was any good!
If you can't get a trial in then I'd say to forget it and do your own as you have done or go for the pasty look!
If I were closer I'd spray you! Good luck and all the best for your big day!

I would totally agree. Get a tan in NOW. Make sure you prep your skin well. If you don't like it.... next friday (you mean a week and half not this friday) is far enough away to scrub it off.
I would tan you if you were closer to me too! :)
Good luck wi the big day hun xx

Also, if you decide to have a tan, please be careful on what you choose and when you have it done. I went to a wedding last week and the bride had had her spray tan done the day before, and washed it off in morning of her wedding. Tan looked gorgeous, but there was rub off all around the top of her corset top dress!!!! Where she had got hot and the dress was fitted! She was gutted! My advice would be, (and always is too brides) make sure it is a good couple of days before the big day! Good luck on your wedding day!

Naturasun offer a wedding tan and also a twinkle tan (that like it says on the tin - twinkles) - not sure how it works as im not an expert but im sure it is done in two stages and something to do with having a clear colour guide but worth seeing if anyone near you offers naturasun spray tanning - colours are really natural too. Good Luck

i completely agree with tars and kirsten.
i normally ask my brides to be to have a trial run a couple of weeks before the wedding jus to be on the safe side.
i'm sure you'll find a spray tan tech in your area who will be more than happy to spray you, book an appointment within the next couple of days and then book again for next wednesday or thursday.

good luck with your quest for a tan! xx

Sudo do a spray tan that is clear then develops into a pale tan, ideal for brides if you can find someone near you that uses it hth

Have you tried Manual application St tropez? I do loads of these and I have not had an unhappy client. In my opinion it is a more even tan and lasts a little longer. As others have said, have a trail run and you will need to have tan applied two days before your wedding day so it doesnt rub off onto your dress. Good Luck:hug:xxx

Thank You all for your great advice, much appreciated.
Thanks to Tars and everyone who replied :hug: some fab replies.

If im going to go with the spray tan I would be best to have a Trial run, I just
hope it isnt to late. Im still not sure yet what to do.:confused:
The Sudo sounds great Looby Lou, thank you. Tars kindly gave me a website with a list of spray tanners in my area. Thanks Tara:hug:
Will go away now and have a long hard think.

Thank you all for helping me in my quest to find a spray tan :wink2:
I will give you an update xx

Have you tried Manual application St tropez? I do loads of these and I have not had an unhappy client. In my opinion it is a more even tan and lasts a little longer. As others have said, have a trail run and you will need to have tan applied two days before your wedding day so it doesnt rub off onto your dress. Good Luck:hug:xxx

Well i took the easy option and went for the St tropez manual application and I am pleased with the result, very natural looking not too much, no orange in sight lol.
Its so natural I can top it up tonight in the areas I need to.

Thank you geeks for all your great advice:hug:

Julez x

Glad you got it sorted!
Good luck for your big day! xxx

Latest posts

Back