Spray tan gun leaking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi!!
I need some help!!
I brought the Maximist HVLP 5008 last year around August!
When im doing one tan I usually pour solution into the cup and attach to the gun to save me bringing the bottle of solution with me. I last did this on Saturday and when I got to the clients house the gun had leaked tan everywhere!!
I have spare cups that I fill with solution and this never happens! Why does it only happen with the gun? Also Ive noticed that when Im spraying clients the gun leaks down the front of the cup bit or around the rim there will be quite a bit of solution, so much so that when I put the cup down on the floor to dry the client the gun leaves a ring of tan on the floor!
This is really frustrating me as it causes a huge mess and gets on everything, are you just not meant to put solution in the gun and carry it around empty??
Please help as I am seriously debating buying a new gun part!
Thanks x

I have the pro gun with 5008 and the only time mine has leaked has been when the white rubber rim in the top has needed replacing, not sure if yours has the same but it's worth a try xx

I have seen this a few times. have a good look at the top of the cup your using for tanning has it got a flat spot on it that isnt sealing correctly or has the gasket gone flat. If it all looks ok then contact your supplier any company worth there salt will either replace or repair it for you

Hi Steve,
You are my supplier hehe!
Ill take a pic when I have a chance! :D

Hi Steve,
I have only just managed to upload the pic of my spray gun leaking!
Its sometimes much worse than this, to the point it drips on the client
When the solution leaks it sometimes bubbles out of the cup, I have tried screwing the cup in really tight and also tried it loosely but it still does it.
Also the metal bit inside the tube on the gun keeps falling out when im emptying my solution?
Just wondering if the new gun is worth purchasing? Is it much different from the one I have now? x

Attachments

• IMG-20120504-00800.jpg
    IMG-20120504-00800.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,070
mines does exactly the same and ive only had mine since January???

its really frustrating and embarassing, luckily its only ever dripped on hard flooring but i dread it drops onto a clients carpet. i even take towels with me to place on the floor now to try and catch any drips...

ive cleaned my gun and taken it to pieces to make sure its not clogged up but it still does it..

any ideas?

Thanks x

Mine does this too. I have a black stretchy head band wrapped around the top of the cup where it leaks. It soaks up the drips so you don't end up in a mess. Also when you clean out your gun make sure you remove the white disk bit and clean it too and make sure under all the bits are dry before puting it back in. When you put it back in make sure its clicked right up. Can't go wrong with the band around the top though. Xx

My little metal bit that goes in the pick up tube falls out sometimes, just push it further up the tube it'll stop falling out then, I think that's only in place to act as a weight to keep the tube in the bottom of the cup, the only time mine has bubbled at the top of the cup whilst spraying is when I filled it up too much. x

Hi!
Thanks for all your suggestions!
I will try all of these!! x

This happens to me when I don't do it tight enough, i have to get my husband to tighten the cup to my gun otherwise I get drippage! Luckily my tans are done from home so hubby is always around to tighten it for me x

Lush-Lash & LetUsSpray, I just did a tan and did what you suggested to my gun... it worked lol! Amazing thanks girls x

mine does his aswell when the rubber tube isnt on tight enough or it is attached to the wrong hole as i have 2 in my gun x

mine does his aswell when the rubber tube isnt on tight enough or it is attached to the wrong hole as i have 2 in my gun x

the tube should always be on the hole closest to the trigger, so glad my gun has a sticker instructing this or I'd of had a disaster before now I'm sure haha x

Ive done all of the above and still leaks :( i shall try a band round the top and see if that works

the tube should always be on the hole closest to the trigger, so glad my gun has a sticker instructing this or I'd of had a disaster before now I'm sure haha x

I've had said disaster :/ thankfully it was in my kitchen but it went everywhere! Walls, counters, floor all over the toaster and blender too :/ oopsie! Haha xx

Ive done all of the above and still leaks :( i shall try a band round the top and see if that works

I've had this prob since I bought machine last sept...changed guns, tighten as hard as possible basically did everything and nothing worked...I now put a small black sock over cup (covering where the leak starts) and this works...don't care once there are no drips...too stressful..and the tan results from this machine is fab so worth it..

Latest posts

Back