Spray tan help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickypie82

Reaction score
hi geeks
I hope someone can help! I've been using my maxi mist practicing and my tans are looking fab, Im ready to start charging other than one problem...the mist is leaving residue in the room in which I spray. I put the machine on an old towel and stand on this, obviously Im spraying someone in a tent but the mist is settling and leaving residue on tiles/worktops. Any advice why this is happening or how to stop it happening??

Many thanks in advance :)

Michelle xx

Do you have an extractor?

i dont, i was under the impression the kit I brought was ready to go, do I need an extractor too??xx

How many mls of soloution are you using per tan? and how many tans are you doin before noticing residue? xx

Ive been using approx half of the cup that comes with the machine per person and Im noticing it after two people.....is that too much?

Hi hun,

You need to be turning ur gun right down. At the back of the gun where the nut is that tightens the needle, tighten it fully so that it is closed, imagine that there is a clock face on the nut and mark it @ 12 o'clock with tippex. Then turn it anti clockwise till the mark is at quarter to the hr, that should be open enough to stop the excessive overspray, if its not, keep turning anti clockwise until its workable for you.

You should be using approx 30-50mls of solution per client.

I hope this helps xxx

Hi hun yes sounds like your using way too much as said above 25-50mls is normal I tend to use about 30 to 35. The best way to test your gun is set correctly is to turn of dial completely, get a 2ply sheet of couchroll and turn gun up bit by bit until you have a nice even spray but the back of couchroll should be damp but no colour coming thru. You might need a few bits as obviously you will not spray over same bit twice. Hope this makes sense :-D let us know how you get on x

I have this machine and use approx 30ml per full body. I also have the typhoon extractor fan, very powerful and still get mild overspray. Dont think you ever dont really, but this fan and machine certainly cut it down.

Latest posts

Back