Spray Tan help??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngawler10

Reaction score
Hiya geeks. i havent been tanning long and to help get the nack of it have had about 10 models over the last 3 weeks for practice. I feel confident and i know what im doing but i seem to be havin issues with the legs!!... Everwhere else goes perfect but on the legs the tan runs in a few places. A coupla ladies admitted to not shaving until just before they came but i dont know about the others. A coupla times i have done a tan and its been perfect no running!!, Legs an all!!

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Hi :)

I have had this issue when I first started and suddenly realised that as I approached the legs, I automatically began to hold the gun closer :s I think it was because they are a littler area in terms of surface than the trunk and back therefore my mind told me to get closer to make sure I hit them lol.

I found once I consciously moved the gun a little further back, checking my position and watching where the spray went, this corrected itself :)

Also, Im not sure what product your'e using?? I use Xen Tan and have found that with some ladies this does not show as dark on their legs which is why I think i was tempted to get too close

HTH xx

Is the solution going on quite wet? It sounds like the dial is turned too much on the gun? But if its ok everywhere else, maybe turn the dial a bit for the legs, also if they have shaved (which is a no no as they will have darker spots in the pores) are they completely dry, or sweating? Just make sure you are also keeping gun straight (people can have a tendency to tilt the gun when doing legs, not sure if that makes a difference, tho), other than that I have no idea why, maybe a trainer can help you. HTH :)

im using suntana at the mo. Now u have said it i think as i bend down to do the legs i naturally lean in closer maybe thats where im going wrong. Have got 2 ladies in tonight so will try and keep back and see if it makes a difference:)

Thanks ladies will let u know how i get on x x x

It could also be the angle that you are holding your gun - you may be tilting it?

Do you work down with your own body when you do the legs(I mean squat down to the leg level),

Latest posts

Back