Spray tan help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelc

Reaction score
I've been doing spray tans for a few months now with no problems so I was surprised when I did a one tonight and as I was spraying I noticed that there were a few white patches even tho I know I sprayed evenly so as I was going back over the areas they would just go back to White again, not sure why this happened? Could anyone give me some advice?

Hi, how big were the patches ?
This can happen if they have a skin condition. Or perhaps they might have touched a cream or oily substance that prohibited the colour from staying on the skin?

Or are you talking of tiny white dots , looks like over spray?

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hi no it wasn't little white patches, it was more like white areas I've never had this happen before, could it be that she had products on her skin?

I would definitely say they had some sort of oil on them xx

Thanks just hope the tan turns out ok when she washes it off tomorrow, also it was done last minute her dad called me and said she needed it done for a school leavers party tomorrow, I did tell him to tell her to have a shower before hand and not to put any products on etc but I'm not sure if she did x

The client needs to ensure they don't catch their skin with their prepped hands or fingers maybe-I always barrier cream nails - if not polished or pale, and palms. If they catch skin on legs or body as they move, this can prevent solution from contact with skin.
HTH x

This is where a good prep spray comes into its own. It eliminates the guesswork. It gets rid of any by-products left on the skin, be it conditioner, shower gel, moisturiser or fragrance. These white patches could be down to sun damage, you especially see these on the arms and legs. Generally you don't notice them until you spray someone.
HTH

I have a client who's arms always come out like this. The tan never takes to where she was bitten by mosquitoes years ago but she knows it always happens.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like it isn't anything I've done wrong then, but unfortunately if things do go wrong the client will automatically blame the therapist lol x

I find this with ladies that have scars or very old grazes etc! A few of this girls at work when i spray them and i know its not prep as one is a st tropez therapist i think its just one of those things x

Latest posts

Back