Spray tan missing skin folds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Gorgeous Bod

Reaction score
I am looking into doing spray tanning and had my first ever spray tan demonstrated on me and was more than delighted but just want to double check on something. I am not exactly big but I do have some skin folds or creases - for example where my bum is no longer entirely perky. So when I bend over and my skin stretches there is a white patch across the top of my thighs. Are there any spray tans that can cope with those patches .... eg would still tan if they were sprayed and then went back into a fold?

I don't mind it too much but what if I did want to pose! Seriously! I haven't yet gotten past the first day and yet to wash off the marker and the tan is yet to properly develop. Maybe it will look different?

And I have yet to do my training too but still doing my research.

Thanks for any thoughts you might suggest.

Caroline x

In the industry we call these 'smile lines'! They are easily prevented regardless of which brand tan you use. You simply ask your client to stand forward on one leg, this allows the tanning therapist to spray the area without causing embarrassent to either party.

You will (should!) learn this when you do your training.

Simples!!

HTH
xxx:D

Hey Caroline,

I asked a similar question a few months ago and the lovely geeks on here helped me ( cheers guys).
Basically for bum laughter lines ( I tan a model and she also has them) I get clients to bend forward slightly so its stretched and you can tan there then :D

Were all shapes and sizes so basically stretch out either by raising arms to get under boobs, and side stretch for back boobs (which I am an owner of lol)

Hope this helps you chik

Maria x

Thanks kindly both of you for ways to discreetly spray these areas - most helpful.

But let me ask further, if I was to then spray these areas and they go back into their fold/s does the tan still develop, or end up with dark lines instead? :?:

Caroline x

Thanks kindly both of you for ways to discreetly spray these areas - most helpful.

But let me ask further, if I was to then spray these areas and they go back into their fold/s does the tan still develop, or end up with dark lines instead? :?:

Caroline x

They will develop the same colour as everything else. The only way it will come out patchy is if you miss it out. The instant bronze colour is just the guide colour (added to aid the tanning therapist see where they have been), this will all wash off when they shower.

HTH

xx

when i do spray tans i get them to bend their knees slightly and then spay under th bum, also if they have a large bust when they are stood on the side get them to raise their arm above their head and lean over to the other side, amost like a streatch, this way you get no white bit, or red faces :D

Thank you, thank you! I am encouraged.

Caroline x

Latest posts

Back