Spray tan..... No colour on legs apparently!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngawler10

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

so last night i do 2 tans (different clients) and have managed to sort out the prob i had with the legs dripping... I made sure i stayed the correct distance away rather than leaning forward.. Both ladies looked perfect when they left my house. i use suntana and the development time is 4 hours. my 1st lady left at 7 and at 10 past 10 message me to say shes just washed it off and has colour on her top half and no colour at all on her legs but they were dark before she showered. I did then say to her well it has barely been 3 hours i did say atleast 4 but there should still be a some colour though. Maybe cos they were so dark when washed and lightened to look more natural she just thought it was such a difference there was no colour??

Any suggestions? x x x

I have never used suntana so I am not sure on the developing times, but I find the legs are the hardest part for the tan to take.

Even if a guide time is say 4 hours I always say to leave it on longer, it makes the colour deeper and last longer.

Maybe you could offer to see her and see if the legs need a respray and probably the tan needs to be left on overnight?

Im reli unsure what to do. i did tell her to moisturise and let me know how it looks this morning and maybe let me have a look. I have only been tanning a month and have been really working hard and doing it cheap to get it right...and i have let people know i have only just started up... So im not reli making any money and i know the tan was fine. To be honest that was deffinately the best tan iv done by far compared to the others....I sprayed my sister when i first got my kiit and she washed hers off after 4 hours and it was a lovely colour and it lasted 10 days!.... I do like to keep my customers happy i just feel like if she hasnt listened to my advice i shouldnt respray her for free as there was no reson on my part that it should be like that...... And i always go over the legs again as i know its a hard place for the colour to take x x

Due to the fact legs (in most cases lol) dont have a lot of flesh they do tend to not come out as well as other areas and of course due to rubbing on jeans etc do tend to fade quicker.
I would generally mist over the legs after the full spray tan application..particullarly on skinny legs but be carefull not to over do it...dont want runs now do you :biggrin:

The development times manufacturers give is simply a genrolisation as every individual developes at different rates
I suspect the problem here is that your customer simply washed the tan off to early
In so far as her second issue is concerned this is simply that the initial dark colour guide was washed of so the contrast to the base tan which hadnt had sufficient time to develope was a noticable contrast
HTH:Kissing:
Hi geeks,

so last night i do 2 tans (different clients) and have managed to sort out the prob i had with the legs dripping... I made sure i stayed the correct distance away rather than leaning forward.. Both ladies looked perfect when they left my house. i use suntana and the development time is 4 hours. my 1st lady left at 7 and at 10 past 10 message me to say shes just washed it off and has colour on her top half and no colour at all on her legs but they were dark before she showered. I did then say to her well it has barely been 3 hours i did say atleast 4 but there should still be a some colour though. Maybe cos they were so dark when washed and lightened to look more natural she just thought it was such a difference there was no colour??

Any suggestions? x x x

One of my clients washed it off after 4 hours as she was going out & she had hardly any colour left but the next day she was a lovely golden brown as it continued to develope through the night!! Has she let you know what it's like today?

No she hasnt yet i was gonna text her after lunch. Yeaa iv done that before and woke up the next morning and couldnt believe how much darker i was.... i did text her back last night and tell her to moisturise as it may darken in the night.

just spoken to my lady and she said she has gone a bit darker now but she was expecting darker and i explained that had she of left it on longer she would of got the results she wanted.

I'm having the opposite problem - 2 of my recent clients have said their legs are quite a bit darker than the rest of their body!!!

I think I go over the legs a bit more as most clients say 'I want my legs really brown' and now they are too brown lol!

When I trialed Suntana solution the reccomended times were 6 to 8 hours before wash off.

I would ring them to check that 4 hours is enough as I dont think it is long enough for a standard solution to develop properly.

Just a thought. What I have found is that clients don't understand that it is the DHA in the solution that reacts with the melanin present in the skin to form the tan. As sprayers we all know that the more melanin present in the skin the darker the tan will go - no two skins are alike. Perhaps this lady keeps her legs under cover for 99% of the time where as her arms, face, feet get exposed to sunlight regularly they would go darker.

I hope this helps as from what you have written, I really don't think that you have done anything wrong. I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back