Spray tan patchy around the wrist area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassi

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I completed my spray tan training a couple of weeks ago with fake bake and I am still not confident when spraying the arms especially the inside around the wrist area. I have tried to contact the trainer several times and eventually got a reply which just said remember less is more you will get their in the end so not helpfull...

do any of you just dab this area with a mitt I havent tried this but somebody else suggested it?
do any of you geeks have any tips or ideas I can try

Thanks in advance

cassi:cry:

Hi Geeks

I completed my spray tan training a couple of weeks ago with fake bake and I am still not confident when spraying the arms especially the inside around the wrist area. I have tried to contact the trainer several times and eventually got a reply which just said remember less is more you will get their in the end so not helpful...

do any of you just dab this area with a mitt I haven't tried this but somebody else suggested it?
do any of you geeks have any tips or ideas I can try

Thanks in advance

cassi:cry:

Cassie...this area is one of the more difficult areas to master..with some practice you will undoubtably get the hang of it.

No need for any dabbing or barrier creams(creates a tan line)

Customer hold arm out with hand in a claw position downwards(stops solution on nails and under onto palms of hands.
As you come down the arm simply start to draw the gun away as you get to the forearm are so your just misting the hands and fading the tan in from the arm ,wrist and onto the back of the hand and fingers.
takes a bit of practice and many mistakes but you will get there,

In the newbie stages of this application maybe get them to apply a light moisturiser to the palms and back of the hand...just as a means to mitigate problems until you get the hang of it.
HTH and good luck...try it on your mum or someone you know first who isn't paying customer :hug:

I always spray to the wrist and then do the hands after. Tonilee has a great tutorial on here for spray tanning. If you click the navigation bar at the top and then click on tutorials you will find lots of useful advice.
The way i was trained, the client had to turn round so many times it was ridiculous. I adopted Tonilee's methods apart from the fact that i do the torso horizontal rather than vertical.
We all do things our own way and the more you practice the better you get!

This is my technique...

When spraying down the arm i get my client to stand to the side spread out her arm and fingers and turn her head the opposite way and follow the gun the whole way down the arm.

I then ask the client to face me stretch her arm wide out so her wrist is facing me i then spray this area which covers the wrist.

Then i ask the client to bend her arm whilst i spray the outside of her arm so there is full coverage.
Be careful not to touch wrists or lean on something for too long as this may be the cause of patchy wrists. Also try not to spray too close to the skin when you come to the wrist area try pulling the gun away a little bit.

hths x

:eek:Thanks for all the reply's

I will try them out I have a client today and im so nervous to the point I feel sick.

Cassi

You'll be fine. Don't worry too much. Best advice i can give for doing the wrist is how it says in the tutorial. When you get to the wrist pull off to the side like and upside 'y'.
Let us know how you get on x

I always spray to the wrist and then do the hands after. Tonilee has a great tutorial on here for spray tanning. If you click the navigation bar at the top and then click on tutorials you will find lots of useful advice.
The way i was trained, the client had to turn round so many times it was ridiculous. I adopted Tonilee's methods apart from the fact that i do the torso horizontal rather than vertical.
We all do things our own way and the more you practice the better you get!

Angelina im extremely delighted and flattered that this tutorial has been of so much assistance to you in developing your technique as its basically a word for word extract from our very own training manual :hug:

Angelina im extremely delighted and flattered that this tutorial has been of so much assistance to you in developing your technique as its basically a word for word extract from our very own training manual :hug:

Yes this is the tried and tested way of the Tantrick spray tanner,
and definitely 99% word for word from our training manual,
we have great results with this technique and very few students have problems using it,
hope it helps you also :hug:

I cant believe how unhelpful your trainer has been,
when we teach and the trainee is having any problems (usually a confidence issue) we invite them back free of charge and help as much as possible.

Hi Cassi, it might've been me who mentioned the buffing mitt to you. I follow all of the fabulous advice above, but what I do to get a great softly blended effect (ie no "tan cuff" on the inside of the wrists), a minute or two's buffing with the Fake Bake buffing mitt works wonders (obviously the very soft brown velvety side of the mitt). My regular clients all like having this done and agree it works too. Of course it adds another couple of minutes' time to each spray tan, but I feel it's very much worth it.

No doubt lots of expert spray tanners will cry that my buffing mitt shouldn't be required, but if it helps with your confidence knowing your clients' wrists will be perfectly blended and you'll have smoothed over any potential patchiness, then there can't be any harm in it, surely.

I'm horrified to hear you've had such a bad response from your Fake Bake trainer. I must've bothered my Fake Bake trainer every single day for about 3 months and her help was invaluable. Don't know what's happened there then .....

Such a pity we don't live closer to each other, but if ever you feel the need for a drive out on the A40, give me a shout!

Good luck xx

Hiya Geeks

Im back from the client and I tried the tip of spraying off a little near the wrist y shape Tonilee's tutorial I think it went ok depends if she is on the phone tomorrow. I can honestly say I have learned more from this site with all the helpful advice than i did with my training. I e -mailed my trainer about 3 times with questions tried calling but never any answer I felt like I was stalking her. Thanks for the tip about the mitt sunspray I will try that one later on a friend who is coming round . I know you had a very different experience to me with the training, if all else fails I will take you up on your kind offer jump in my car for a drive over to you one day .

Thanks again guys

I'm tantrick trained and always pull away to the side towards the back of the wrist, maybe its the products I dont know. Did she have dry skin around that area ??

Latest posts

Back