Spray tan start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahPoole

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have found a company who do a spray tan course near to me that is accredited by BABTAC for £85 so I aim to do that this weekend.

Once qualified I obviously need to sort out equipment...
I have very limited money so what kits/equipment is best on a budget but will still provide a good tan... From my reasearch I have found these 3 kits...Opinions on which is best please or none :wink2:

MAXI COMPACT® STARTER PACK! LESS THAN HALF PRICE! - LA Tanning | Spray Tanning Solutions, Spray

Mini Intro Starter kit with MaxiMist Lite (HVLP)

Business Starter Kits. Spray Tanning packages to start a business

I have looked up insurance and so far Salon Gold/ Professional Beauty seem best?
Salon Gold is slightly more expensive but I think they are the better option as I think they cover damage to clients things etc?

As for pricing I saw a lady on here who said she did £15 for first tan then £20 after that OR £30 for 2 people so £15 each-encouraging double bookings.. (she said she didnt mind pricing strategy being used)...

Do you think at that price I'll be making a profit including travel as I will be mobile...

I've tried to think of as much as possible.. I know some people said a lot of people don't use disposables etc so would I be better of searching for a machine and tent cheap as possible and just buying the other stuff extra?

Finally... What tan would you all recommend?? This is what I am most stuck on...

Trying to get oragnised so I can start as soon as I'm qualified :)

Choc for anyone who reads all this and helps!!:biggrin:

So further research the T200 or HV5008 seem the best machines to buy separately?

I just been through same thing. I had narrowed down to Nouvatan and Sienna x. Decided to go with Sienna x as found it was more well known in the area I will be working and I think branding is really important. Got my training booked 7th October - can't wait! Good luck with it all :)

Thankyou, same to you :)... Is that for the training or the kit you chose SiennaX?

Both as if you get your kit from Sienna x it includes the training as part of the package. I know there is lots of opinions out there but I def wanted to do my training with the product rather than do generic training and choose product after.

You would ideally need to buy a decent tent, it will be made better & last you longer. (Buy cheap buy twice)

Ive had my tent (& kit) 2 years which I bought from Fake Bake. & its still going strong.

I personally do 2 tans for £35 or its £20 each. That saves approximately my fuel if I had to travel to 2 houses.

Tanning parties 4 paying guests, & host gets a free tan.

In my opinion you need to provide disposables, when bought in bulk it doesn't cost too much. Sometimes clients decline the knickers which is fine, but think its better to give them the option.
Xx

Thanks all. Meira- could u pm me the sienna x price please inc training...
So shall i try buy it all separately? If so, where's the best place for tent? Thanks guys :)

I have sent you a PM x

Thanks Meira :) any more advice guys?

I trained with fake bake and use the product and love it. X

Thanks Gem3110 :)

i have just started out tanning and went with fresh indulgence. been really happy with it so have my clients x

Thanks all,
Anyone got any other advice especially on what machines?

Latest posts

Back