Spray tanners-how many clients booked in before you say you're fully booked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hello, Just wondering this, I've been looking on other spray tan pages on facebook lately & seen a lot of spray tan girls putting 'fully booked' so this has got me wondering - what do you class as fully booked in a day?
5 clients? 10 clients?

Also do you 'try' do a minimum amount of spray tans a week, like work towards a target number?

What is the average number of tans per week you have been doing lately? X

It depends on what hours people are available to work, some of these may only be able to work 2-3 hours per eve, if mobile you then have driving times to include.

Me personally I will work til 10pm if the demand is there (unless I have plans) i can be fully booked for nails quite quickly as it takes me alot longer to do the treatment. My latest nail appt is 7.30pm- so i can still do a tan or two on my way home.

Must admit last week i lost 5 clients... Well didn't loose but they cancelled due to the weather :( I did 9 tans but should have had 14.

I find tanning hit & miss some weeks.

This week i have 6 booked in so far, not bad but not busy either.

Id happily fit more in. I am not full time mobile, I have a day job 4 hours per day so i have evenings free & can also do morning appts if a client requests.

Xx

as steph said it depends on what your working hours are, whether you are happy to work all hours or if you have set hours to work. I have set hours Tues to friday 2 eves to late, only do occasional saturdays but will extend my hours if need be and if i can around family. I rarely do tans, its all nails for me and to be honest i dont push the tans xx

I also run my own business part time around a teaching job. So for me to be fully booked is not that difficult..!!

I used to book clients from 5.45pm until 10pm at night 5 nights a week...but I was burning myself out. Now, I work from 5.45pm with my last appointment being around 8pm. I want to be home for 9pm!!!

DOo't forget that a therapist putting "fully booked" could all be a marketing ploy too....they might be availble for 1 hour a night, but we all assume that they're working full time...! Also, it might be a complete lie in the hope of generating more business... "Oooh, she's almost fully booked, she must be good, I'll try to make an appointment for that party I'm going to"....!

Bombarulina I see what you mean about a marketing ploy, people pretending they are fully booked etc.. But it's just I have seen lots of therapists recently say they are fully booked so I doubt they are all doing the same?

My hours are 9am-2pm & 6pm-8.30pm (Monday to Friday) ive been doing this (spray tanning) 2 years now & have never once been fully booked.. X

I'm not sure about fully booked or spaces available messages. As mentioned its not necessarily an important indicator and I find people will ask if they want an appointment even when they don't think they will get it in any case, I've had a ten pm tan request at 3pm the same day- she was really chuffed when I said yes!

Latest posts

Back