Spray tanning 7 days after the last spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched for answers to my question before posting this thread but they don't quite give me the advice I'm looking for.

Basically, I know that before having another tan you should ensure your previous tan is completely exfoliated off to ensure nice even application & to help prevent patchiness. I have 2 ladies who I sprayed on Friday and they also want one this Friday.

What's the best advice to give them please to help prevent, as much as possible, a patchy tan? I have advised LIGHT exfoliation from the Wednesday but is this right? I thought this might be better than getting them to 'scrub their tan off' (in their words!) beforehand as I would have thought this was much more likely to make their old tan look patchier than if they gently exfoliate?

Any advice from geeks who have weekly clients please? Thanks x

Hi I have a weekly tan every Thursday and I just gently exfoliate the last few days before and then on the last day I use st tropez tan remover and get the rest off ;0) it does build up after a while on ur skin but if one week u just leave it a few days longer it does all eventually wear off ;0? Xx

You dont necessarily need to have the tan removed completely, its just a case of making sure that the tan is fading evenly and to exfoliate the dry areas like knees, ellbows etc.

In fact having weekly tans will actually achieve a much deeper tan and you wont have any problems, but generally i would stick to the same tan if your clients are having regular top ups.

I would advise them to lightly exfoliate from the third day, not scrub, not to rub with towel and to make sure they moisturise everyday. This will all help the tan fade evenly then good results when resprayed a week later

I have a client who comes every week, she still has a bit of nouvatan on (which I know you use Tanya) & it's fine. She can never get it all off in time & her tan is always really nice x

I have a client who comes every week, she still has a bit of nouvatan on (which I know you use Tanya) & it's fine. She can never get it all off in time & her tan is always really nice x

Hi! When she comes back is it slightly patchy or is it still on but quite even? Do you know what she does inbetween each tan? I'm starting to worry a bit cos I sprayed my sister on Friday (also sprayed her 7 days before) and she told me that she wouldn't have a tan so close together next time as it came out a bit patchy. I guess if I have explained it to my two customers then I can't do anything more??

Latest posts

Back