Spray tanning and breastfeeding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a new client booked in on thursday for a spray tan however she is breastfeeding and I'm not sure how this may affect her and the baby. I will obviously not be tanning her actual breasts (or nipples) as the baby will need to use those but what do I say to her in terms of managing the baby through the development time, so she doesn't get smeary bits or a patchy brown baby:eek:! The baby is newborn so feeds every couple of hours as far as I can tell and sleeps for the rest of the time and she will pump I think so she can use a bottle but in terms of holding the baby to feed etc... does anyone have any ideas?

Also my bleeping gun keeps cutting out, not badly but obviously very annoyingly! I have stripped it and cleaned it as per all the lovely previous geeky answers a couple of times but it is still doing it. Can anyone think of anything else I could/should do? I know it isn't the solution as I have tried 3 or 4 different bottles of the stuff. I have run it throuh with water to and it is still cutting out, like it has a blockage still. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of my predicaments? Please?

Hiya hun

When i was breastfeeding i had a spray tan done. Obiously i wore a bra so breasts were fine for my daughter feeding.

To be honest its akward feeding while your tan is developing but i managed fine by just wearing a long sleeved top which i could pull down instead of up if you know what i mean!

I still managed to get the tan on my wee girl but she didnt go patchy i just wiped it off the minute i noticed, it wasnt on her long enought to develop. Hope this helps a bit. x

Also my bleeping gun keeps cutting out, not badly but obviously very annoyingly! I have stripped it and cleaned it as per all the lovely previous geeky answers a couple of times but it is still doing it. Can anyone think of anything else I could/should do? I know it isn't the solution as I have tried 3 or 4 different bottles of the stuff. I have run it throuh with water to and it is still cutting out, like it has a blockage still. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of my predicaments? Please?

Well if youve tried all the tricks and still having problems it seems to me your gun possibly needs a new needle or/and cup seal...these are pennies and can be posted to you.

Get onto your brand provider and place an order as soon as they open.

Well if youve tried all the tricks and still having problems it seems to me your gun possibly needs a new needle or/and cup seal...these are pennies and can be posted to you.

Get onto your brand provider and place an order as soon as they open.

Cracked it! Fab thanks Collin!

And thanks Sammy too for the breastfeeding bit!

Lx

As long as the nipples and boobs are covered, it should be fine. Its the bitter taste of the tanning solution on the nipples that could put a baby off breastfeeding!

Latest posts

Back