Spray Tanning Arms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
Hi all! What is your routine for spray tanning arms? I am finding that the insides of peoples arms aren't tanning as much as the rest of their bodies. Also their underarms are tanning which I try to avoid but the tan seems to be settling there. Any tips would be really appreciated! Also if you could explain your routine for arms, I would love that xx

I would spray the back of the arms when spraying the back of the body.

I would spray the side of the arms when spraying the side of the body

and spray the frond and inside of the arms when spraying the font of the body.

When you come to do the front, get your client to stand to one side, and move her arm out with palm side facing you. This will allow you to spray the inside of the arm.

Shellie you can ring me if that was confusing and i will talk it through on the phone.

hth xxx

I always find that the insides of the arms never tan very well in comparison to the rest of the body, but then people have less melanin there anyway, so this part of the arm wouldn't tan in the sun!

But my routine for arms is to lightly spray the fronts of them while I'm spraying the front of the body, and then the same again when they're facing the back..

When they turn back round (So just before I spray the face), I get them to do a series of arm movements;

Hold their hands out, palm down with fingers spread, so I can lightly mist the hands, and go over the fronts of the arms again

Hold their hands out, palm upwards, so that I can spray the inner arm (I always mask of their palm with my gloved hand, just incase!)

Turn their hands so that their thumb is ontop and lightly spray the thumb and upwards up the arm

Turn their hand over, so that their palm is facing the outer wall of the booth and the back of their hand is facing their body, so I can lightly spray the little finger and up this part of the arm

Then into "muscle man" pose, as if they were flexing their biceps! (So holding both arms up at right angles to the body) so I can check the inner part of the upper arm,and underarms

Then finally to drop both hands as far down behind their head as they can, so their elbows are uppermost- this lets me check the back of the upper arms, and also lifts the breasts so I can spray under there of need be...

Very long winded answer!!! It's much quicker to do than to write!!
Hope that helps a little :)
XXX

Thank you for your replies! I think I have it now ~ arms are the one part of my routine that I find quite difficult! When doing the sides of the body with the clients arm in the air, do you start quite a bit lower than the underarm so you don't catch it? xx

Last edited:
I would spray the back of the arms when spraying the back of the body.

I would spray the side of the arms when spraying the side of the body

and spray the frond and inside of the arms when spraying the font of the body.

When you come to do the front, get your client to stand to one side, and move her arm out with palm side facing you. This will allow you to spray the inside of the arm.

Shellie you can ring me if that was confusing and i will talk it through on the phone.

hth xxx

Thank you Gemma. I see, so do you ever spray the inside of the arms when the clients arm is in the air at all? This might be where I am going wrong and catching the underarms! I haven't tried it with the clients palm facing me so I'll give that a go xx

Latest posts

Back