spray tanning face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I am new to spray tanning, am enjoying it and am getting into my own little routine, with the outcomes getting beter with every one, my question is when I was taught to do the face it was in 5 sprays, now I read in a previous quote from one of the spray tan guys that an orange look can be due to dha overload, and I have thought that on a couple of my sprays that the next day the face looked as though it may have an orangy tint, not the body at all, just the face, do you think 5 is too much for a face?? and this may be the problem, how many sprays do you all ust to do the face, I have an hvlp machine, thanks x ruth

5 coats do you mean? Or actually 5 sprays going across?
I just spray across the face as many times as i need to, to cover it and then do sides of face. If this makes sense?
Going over this again will give an orangey look as more solution will get into pores xxx

Whoa, depending on the amount of solution sprayed I would say 5 is alot.
I do one long one in a circular motion. I start at the forehead and move my gun inwards in a circular motion until I am in the centre of the nose and then stop.
Most people wear foundation anyway, so dont overspray the face.
hths
x

I was taught 5 srips, top to bottom iykwim, working from oneside of the face to the other, the 3rd spray is dowen the middle/nose, but thinking maybe change to four ??

I was taught 5 srips, top to bottom iykwim, working from oneside of the face to the other, the 3rd spray is dowen the middle/nose, but thinking maybe change to four ??

You cant really put a number to it as it depends on how big your clients face is. I usually 9/10 of the time do 3 strips across. I dont go down the middle as this is the part where most peoples open pores are so I try to get a light spray in this area.
x

It depends on the spray pattern width of your gun. We train once down the front of the face. Then turn face to finish off the sides. If its more 'orangey' when its developed on the face only, is a bit of a mystery, unless its reacting to any skin care product underneath. If its orange when the guide is on, you have put on too much.:eek:

Could it possibly be because the face is a little bit dry? I find that when my face is feeling dehydrated and dry it takes a much stronger colour. Typically in the winter months. Perhaps you could just pull back a bit on the gun and spray at a further distance away, so the face isn't overloaded.

Jen x

Hiya, i was taught to move up and down the face 7 times from one side to the other too, and then a quick flick over again but faster. So far its worked fine (touch wood) lol :lol:. I think it depends on your speed, just dont spray too slowly. HTH :)

When I was taught to spray tan the face was done in 3 sweeping movements, one spray down and across on the left same on the right and one straight down the middle. Hope this helps.

thats geeks, maybe it is due to the fact of dry skin, think I will try four stripes, and maybe pull back slightly around the facial area as suggested, thanks for all your help, :hug:

Hey geeks, I am new to spray tanning, am enjoying it and am getting into my own little routine, with the outcomes getting beter with every one, my question is when I was taught to do the face it was in 5 sprays, now I read in a previous quote from one of the spray tan guys that an orange look can be due to dha overload, and I have thought that on a couple of my sprays that the next day the face looked as though it may have an orangy tint, not the body at all, just the face, do you think 5 is too much for a face?? and this may be the problem, how many sprays do you all ust to do the face, I have an hvlp machine, thanks x ruth

The face is an area that is constantly exposed to the outside elements,wind etc and gets dry as well as exposure to the sun (even in winter months it can still tan) so the outcome can either be darker due to the natural exposure to UV which can speed up the tan development time or that the solution can possibly grab on dry skin.

This area needs to be treated in much the same way as arm pits and the area between the breasts where ,for different reasons it common to apply to much solution.

We would advocate starting at a point below the ear moving upwards in a continuous motion applying a LIGHT COAT OF SOLUTION to the ear then downwards and upwards and back downwards 3 times to the other ear.

Repeat the process using another LIGHT COATING however avoiding spraying the ears with this application.

It is important to ask your customer what they want...do they want an exaggerated tan look to the face or do they want a subtle look and simply adjust your routine and volume of application accordingly .....sometimes holding the gun further away from the skin than the rest of the body works a treat however just as a reminder of you are doing this over spray onto the hair will increase so,particularly with grey haired or bleach haired individuals always get them to wear a cap

HTH :hug:

I was taught to spray each side of the face using the side to side motion and then the front so 3 sprays in total. This seems to give a nice colour - I use sienna x....

Latest posts

Back