Spray tanning on dry skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimee1412

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me!!

I have a client tomorrow who has dry skin on her hands and legs, could any one give advise on what to do/say? Should i do anything different?

Please help me!!

xxxxx

Hi just wondering if anyone could help me!!

I have a client tomorrow who has dry skin on her hands and legs, could any one give advise on what to do/say? Should i do anything different?

Please help me!!

xxxxx

it depends how bad it is really, i'd ask her to moisturise really well today and wait until she arrives, might not be as bad as she is telling you

Also, i use a barrier cream on the very dry areas, as this just helps to stop any risk of patches.

On dry areas, if they have exfoliated well I use a barrier cream....I wouldn't ask the client to moisturise in that area before a tan..from MY experience the tan doesnt take with moisturisers on. I also get client to wipe over knuckles, knees, ankles and any other dry areas with an exfoliating wipe...just to make sure before applying barrier cream

For hands generally, do you lightly spray? as I dont heavy spray in that area

Last edited:
As the others have said...ask your client to exfoliate and moisturise the night before the tan and then take a look and judge for yourself at her appointment.

A light moisturiser may help if her skin is very dry...and only use a light spray in those areas to prevent the spray from 'grabbing' in that area

xx

Also, i use a barrier cream on the very dry areas, as this just helps to stop any risk of patches.

I wasnt shown barrier cream in my training, how do you apply it? very lightly with your fingers? or do you use cotton wool or something? I take it it doesnt stop the solution taking completely or they'd have white bits? :eek:

On dry areas, if they have exfoliated well I use a barrier cream....I wouldn't ask the client to moisturise in that area before a tan..from MY experience the tan doesn't take with moisturisers on. I also get client to wipe over knuckles, knees, ankles and any other dry areas with an exfoliating wipe...just to make sure before applying barrier cream

For hands generally, do you lightly spray? as I dont heavy spray in that area

You should always get your client to shower the day of the appointment to remove any moisturiser that was applied the day before, as the moisturiser acts as a barrier.

xx

thanks very much for all your help!

Yeah i only spray the hands lightly..

Thanks again for all the advise =] xxxxx

I wasnt shown barrier cream in my training, how do you apply it? very lightly with your fingers? or do you use cotton wool or something? I take it it doesnt stop the solution taking completely or they'd have white bits? :eek:

I get a bit of the cream in my hands and rub together, (just so you know that there isnt tons of cream) then use one hand on say, one knee and the other on the other knee. I then just gently rub it in. I dont use loads of the cream, just enough so that the skin dosnt feel rough and dry to the touch. No problems at all. I always use a barrier cream on the back of every spray tan clients heels. I use the sienna x one. Hope that helps sherrie xx

:hug: thanks hun

Hiya,

I have to say ..I've done a few.

When clients have dry skin advise that a few day before...yes..a few days before the tan, they need to moisture evey eve before bed top to toe, and shave the eve before and exfoliate a few times/eves prepping the skin.

I have tanned some extreme cases of dry skin..and had fantastic results.

The most important thing is..go easy on the hands, feet, elbows and knees..I use circular motion and a very light application.

jenx

Latest posts

Back