Spray tanning order

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missjodylee

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new to spray tanning and was wondering what the best order of doing the body in is?
I'm having a little trouble getting the arms right. So I sat down and made an order list up which goes like this;
Face, neck,
Chest and stomach
Side of stomach with arm raised,
Front of leg
Put one leg forward then do inner leg alternate legs and do other
Sides of legs
Back of neck then back
Back of arm
Turn client back around to facing me then down side of neck all the way down top of arm
Turn inner wrist up ways and do inner arm.
Done.
Is this a good way of doing it?
I've only done one tan so far and have another booked in one Sunday.

I've just wrote my routine out & then deleted it bcoz it looked all higgeldy piggeldy, it's hard to actually explain when writing it down lol

I'll try again, hope you get what I mean

I start at the back of the body first, get all that done with then turn them to face me, spray all the front, then turn them on there side & get them to raise arm in the air so I can spray inner arm, armpit etc..

Then I do inner legs, followed lastly by one last mist over the face & then hands & feet. I then spend a minute buffing wrist area & around the ankles. Then I wipe palms with a baby wipe & nails - job done! x

have you been on YouTube & typed in spray tanning? Loads of videos come up.. also type in on the search bar on salon geek 'Toni-Lee tan tutorial' & it should come up that's good to read too. X

I've just wrote my routine out & then deleted it bcoz it looked all higgeldy piggeldy, it's hard to actually explain when writing it down lol

I'll try again, hope you get what I mean

I start at the back of the body first, get all that done with then turn them to face me, spray all the front, then turn them on there side & get them to raise arm in the air so I can spray inner arm, armpit etc..

Then I do inner legs, followed lastly by one last mist over the face & then hands & feet. I then spend a minute buffing wrist area & around the ankles. Then I wipe palms with a baby wipe & nails - job done! x

Thank you so much. I will try this way. I did my training about 6 weeks before buying the machine so it all kind of went out of my head. I appreciate you taking the time.
I looked on you tube but couldn't find one that had the order where it flowed if that makes sense. I will look up the other link you suggested too.
Thanks again x

I couldn't find a decent video on YouTube but I typed in spray tan video on salon geek & a couple of links came up. One was really good. Think it was about 9 minutes long & showed you from start to finish in the order I do it in. Let me try find it for you lol & I'll report back x

As long as you get all of the bits I don't think it really matters which order!

I always start at the back so the client is facing away from me (this helps if someone is feeling a little self concious about being in a bikini/undies as by the time they turn round they can tell that I'm only concentrating on the tanning!) I spray the back, backs of arms and backs of legs.

Then I ask them to turn to their side with their arm down so that I can spray the out side of their arm. I then ask them to raise the arms up to get inside their arm and then down the inside of the body and side of the breast. I then ask them to step forward on their back leg so that I can spray the outside of one leg, and then the inside of the back leg (does that make sense?!)

Then I get them to turn around so I can repeat the same process on the other side.

I can then spray the front of them, neck/chest/stomach and the front of arms and legs. I then do the face/hands/feet.

I then get them to turn around slowly so that I can double check I have got everywhere and then blast them with the warm air from the hose!

But deffo check youtube for videos as everyone seems to have their own routines!!xx

I always start at the back so the client is facing away from me (this helps if someone is feeling a little self concious about being in a bikini/undies as by the time they turn round they can tell that I'm only concentrating on the tanning!) I spray the back, backs of arms and backs of legs.

Then I ask them to turn to their side with their arm down so that I can spray the out side of their arm. I then ask them to raise the arms up to get inside their arm and then down the inside of the body and side of the breast. I then ask them to step forward on their back leg so that I can spray the outside of one leg, and then the inside of the back leg (does that make sense?!)

Then I get them to turn around so I can repeat the same process on the other side.

I can then spray the front of them, neck/chest/stomach and the front of arms and legs. I then do the face/hands/feet.

I then get them to turn around slowly so that I can double check I have got everywhere and then blast them with the warm air from the hose!

But deffo check youtube for videos as everyone seems to have their own routines!!xx

Katie that's step for step what I do lol! x

Thank you do much. I will try this on Sunday. X

Can I ask, when you say you turn them and then do the front of the arms and legs.. Haven't you already done the arms, after the back when you turn them to their side and their arm is down?

Can I ask, when you say you turn them and then do the front of the arms and legs.. Haven't you already done the arms, after the back when you turn them to their side and their arm is down?

Well this is where it is good if there is a guide colour so you can see what you have sprayed already. But I see the arm as having four sides to it, the back of the arm, the front of the arm, the outside of the arm and the inside of the arm. If I spray it in four different positions then I'm pretty much guaranteed that I have covered the whole arm...does that make sense? So hard to describe it on here!!

Well this is where it is good if there is a guide colour so you can see what you have sprayed already. But I see the arm as having four sides to it, the back of the arm, the front of the arm, the outside of the arm and the inside of the arm. If I spray it in four different positions then I'm pretty much guaranteed that I have covered the whole arm...does that make sense? So hard to describe it on here!!

That does make sense. I was struggling with the arm thinking it must have 3 sides and which way was best to make sure I covered it all.
Thank you so much.

That does make sense. I was struggling with the arm thinking it must have 3 sides and which way was best to make sure I covered it all.
Thank you so much.

Not a problem! I just make sure I double check before I pack my gun away. I can always ask my client to jump back in the tent if I notice any white bits!x

Latest posts

Back