Spray Tanning Stall?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisajayne

Reaction score
Hi all

Just a bit of advice required...

I have recently started mobile spray tanning. A girl I know is on the committee for the village gala (21st Aug) and is asking if I would take a stall on the day (£25) to maybe set up my tent or whatever, and advertise my services! Not sure whether or not to go for it? She needs to know by the end of this month.

What if its raining? Not a good idea to do tans for the people then to be walking around in rain? But obviously cant predict the weather!

If its a sunny day - then great! I could hand out leaflets, do a few tans, even play a few games? But what games? Could do a raffle, offers etc.

BUT... again, what if it rains? And its not a huge village so not sure how much business I could gain?

Ideas anyone?

i think this could be a good oppertunity.

id take equipment for another treatment that you can do incase it does rain.

take loads of leaflets and maybe a special offer if theyy book on that day?
hth
x

What if its raining? Not a good idea to do tans for the people then to be walking around in rain?
What about allergic reactions/anaphylactic shock? How are you going to perform 24 hour patch tests?

i think this could be a good oppertunity.

id take equipment for another treatment that you can do incase it does rain.

take loads of leaflets and maybe a special offer if theyy book on that day?
hth
x

Thanks, that would be a great idea but I only do spray tanning!

Leaflets and special offer for booking on the day would be good though!

if it is raining do the patch test on that day so they are alredy tested etc x

What about allergic reactions/anaphylactic shock? How are you going to perform 24 hour patch tests?

Thanks, thats a good point, never actually occurred to me. For those who have had spray tans before and have had no problems I could do them on the day but for those who havent had before or have sensitive skin I could offer them a good deal if they book one for another day so I can do a patch test?

The allergic reaction thing is a good point... it is better to be safe...

Simply promoting your business is a great idea, there are so many ways you can go about doing this with special little bonuses.

An idea that springs to my mind, that some people may think is silly is that you could go wearing your tan on yourself, but mabye miss an arm or a leg, or half your body if you are up for it, to show people what your tan really looks like, they may remember you individuality :)

but hey, I am a little crazy ;)

Goodluck!

you can pick up gazeebo's reasonably cheap?? or maybe someone you know has one you could borrow, £25 isn't thant much, I would go to use it as an opportunity to promote yourself, getting leaflets out, talking to potential clients, I did a charity night in april, first one, was fantastic, it was £25 for 3 hours in the evening, and I got a lot of interest, handed out lots of fliers, and have gained a good few new clients through it, so i would say definately go for it, it would be more for me to put a small add in my local paper and I think actually talking to people face to face is a much nicer way to to do it, hope you manage it, would like to hear how it goes if you do hth x ruth

The allergic reaction thing is a good point... it is better to be safe...

Simply promoting your business is a great idea, there are so many ways you can go about doing this with special little bonuses.

An idea that springs to my mind, that some people may think is silly is that you could go wearing your tan on yourself, but mabye miss an arm or a leg, or half your body if you are up for it, to show people what your tan really looks like, they may remember you individuality :)

but hey, I am a little crazy ;)

Goodluck!

That is a very creative idea...slightly crazy though haha! Not sure if I would be up for that however! I could try and rope in my little sister though!! Thanks for the idea!

I like little Aussie's reply. I think you should spray your stomach or arm and maybe put a sticker over or a square sticky address label so they can see how good the tan loooks and how brown and natural you can be.

My reservations of spraying on the day are:

1. they will not have prepared their body for a tan, they will not have exfoliated so the results of the tan ie how it goes on and how well it fades will be totally marred by the lack of preparation.

2. Reallistically, if you saw a spray tan tent at a village fair would you have a spray tan for all and sundry to see you?

3. What about taking the stall, give out your leaflets, show them how good the tan is, what about buying some drinks and sweets from the wholesalers so at least you have some way of making your money back. If it is a hot day you could ask if you could have a power point and take a little camping fridge with you. Buy a bulk box of lollipops and when the kids go past ask them if they would like a free lolly. This will definitley get mummy's attention and it is a talking point. oh isnt she cute blah blah......would you like a leaflet about spray tanning? get 10% discount with the leaflets printed or write 10% on your already printed leaflets to give them an incentive to keep hold of the leaflet.

good luck.

hope this helps.
KAren

you can pick up gazeebo's reasonably cheap?? or maybe someone you know has one you could borrow, £25 isn't thant much, I would go to use it as an opportunity to promote yourself, getting leaflets out, talking to potential clients, I did a charity night in april, first one, was fantastic, it was £25 for 3 hours in the evening, and I got a lot of interest, handed out lots of fliers, and have gained a good few new clients through it, so i would say definately go for it, it would be more for me to put a small add in my local paper and I think actually talking to people face to face is a much nicer way to to do it, hope you manage it, would like to hear how it goes if you do hth x ruth

Thanks for reply!

Yeah I'm sure someone I know must have a gazebo! I looked into newspaper advertising too and its pretty expensive! I guess for £25 even if I just get a couple of new clients it will be well worth it!!

Thanks

I like little Aussie's reply. I think you should spray your stomach or arm and maybe put a sticker over or a square sticky address label so they can see how good the tan loooks and how brown and natural you can be.

My reservations of spraying on the day are:

1. they will not have prepared their body for a tan, they will not have exfoliated so the results of the tan ie how it goes on and how well it fades will be totally marred by the lack of preparation.
Very true, however I do have Buff Wipes? but they maybe dont make as good a job as proper exfoliation etc do they?

2. Reallistically, if you saw a spray tan tent at a village fair would you have a spray tan for all and sundry to see you?
I did wonder about that... personally I wouldnt do it..but there may be some out there who might? I thought if I did it I would have my tent up under a gazebo (one that has zip-up walls) so it would have 3 walls up, and then could have a big partition hiding the tent?

3. What about taking the stall, give out your leaflets, show them how good the tan is, what about buying some drinks and sweets from the wholesalers so at least you have some way of making your money back. If it is a hot day you could ask if you could have a power point and take a little camping fridge with you. Buy a bulk box of lollipops and when the kids go past ask them if they would like a free lolly. This will definitley get mummy's attention and it is a talking point. oh isnt she cute blah blah......would you like a leaflet about spray tanning? get 10% discount with the leaflets printed or write 10% on your already printed leaflets to give them an incentive to keep hold of the leaflet.

Attracting the kids to get the mums over - Thats a great idea!
good luck.

hope this helps.
KAren

Thanks for all your ideas!

Latest posts

Back