Spray Tanning - Sun Lab - Any good??x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baileys

Reaction score
Hia,

I am pretty new to this so please help!! I am interested in doing a spray tanning course and am looking at the NSI course and Sun Laboratories products - has anyone done this or is using these products?? As I am starting out I dont want to spend a fortune on a product that isnt great but I want to give the best to my customers?

I saw a demo in a show of this solution. There was lady standing there starkers...and I mean starkers in the middle of the show whilst a man sprayed her ha ha!!
It looked like a lovely colour, however I haven't tried it or heard to much talk of it on here.
As long as your course is accredited then you are free to use which solutions you choose.
There are tons of companies out there that will post you free samples to try out xxx

I saw a demo in a show of this solution. There was lady standing there starkers...and I mean starkers in the middle of the show whilst a man sprayed her ha ha!!
It looked like a lovely colour, however I haven't tried it or heard to much talk of it on here.
As long as your course is accredited then you are free to use which solutions you choose.
There are tons of companies out there that will post you free samples to try out xxx

Prob is I dont have the kit yet and was going to buy this through NSI, which is the Sun Lab one.....

I haven't used it myself as the salon next door but one to me uses it,
but i do have a large number of their clients coming to me looking very orange and asking for help,
hth

I have had experience with Sun Labs and it wasn't good.

I worked at a salon where the nail tech (of course she was an experienced spray tanner - NOT, talked the owner into having sun labs, against my advice and I refused to spray with it. They had so many complaints and after I had left I went back to see the girls who had all been Sun lab'd and their tans were terrible.

The hvlp machine that is sold at NSI is a good start but you will find that you will use way more solution than you should and once you become a proficient spray tan technician, I promise you that you will be wanting to change your machine.

What is cheapest is always what is best and the old saying, you get what you pay for - in spray tan terms this is correct. If I were you I would go for a T200 as there is minimal overspray (if spraying correctly).

hi, ive sprayed people with this, the colour was sort of brick redish, nobody was very impressed, hx

Hi Hun,
I trained with Sun Lab @ NSI Manchester.
I love the product, I use it on myself. The colour has always been really good too, never had an complaints. The guide colour looks fine, when showered off I always get a lovely colour.
PM me if you want to know more about NSI.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

Hey there,

I have been using sun labs since Jun last year and have not had one complaint at all and my clients all come back for more. I love the colour than it gives in both % of DHA. There training is a good price to let you see if you like it. The starter gun is good to get you started but within a few months of tanning you will want a better gun. I did.

This gun is the one up from the starter with NSI and is £100 cheaper as they have it on offer but I don't like the tan solution you get with it.

I would go on the training and see for yourself for the sake of £25 or so.

As someone else said if you don't like it then you are free to try other solutions too as you are trained and certified.

Also you will not find anyone from the company on here just people that do use it and most people that I know and use it love it too.

HTH.
Cath

Thanks for that, what product do you recommend?

I have only tried the classic and the Sun labs and I love the sun labs, have had no problems and clients like it so don't see the point in changing really.

Tantricks is supposed to be another good one too I did have samples but didn't use them as I don't want to change from the Sunlabs.

Cath
x

I trained with sun lab at college and we all turned a great shade of oompa lumpa, not a good experience i can tell you,
I now use urban tan and have fantastic results from it, not had an oompa lumpa yet and been using it for 3 years

Latest posts

Back