Spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaos08

Reaction score
hi every1, please help!!! i am going self employed with spray tanning could any1 please tell me which solution is best i trained with st tropez but at mo cannot afford their spray booth i have ten and gun from sun shadez and have been using their product on friends but would like a better well known 1 so if any1 has any recommendatioins that would be great x

Hiya, try vani-t. Its fab. Love the colour, smell and the fact its organic.They also have loads of fab salon exclusive retail prducts, that your clients will just have to have!!
Plus they are all pink and sparkley.. Am such a sucker for pink and sparkley xx
Posted via Mobile Device

We have been using Suntana's products (www.suntana.co.uk) which are consistently good. They apply & blend beautifully & smell nice too. They are reasonably priced and delivery is prompt via trackable Interlink. Tell them The Sprayman sent you. :eek:

Hiya, try vani-t. Its fab. Love the colour, smell and the fact its organic.They also have loads of fab salon exclusive retail prducts, that your clients will just have to have!!
Plus they are all pink and sparkley.. Am such a sucker for pink and sparkley xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Who supplies Vani-T in this country? as ive only found an Australian website:confused:

ok guys thanks very much x

try Celebrity Secrets: this is there email: [email protected] they will send you free samples.

I find if you ask your clients what brands they have heard of they can only think of st tropez and fake bake. Its not about how much PR a company has its whether or not your clients like the solution you use.

There are not really many spray tan manufacturers and you will find a lot of brands are the same product as other leaders just re-branded. I know one UK manufacturer makes tans for about 10 UK tan solution comapanies!

If the products good, and your clients are happy you don't need to change it because you feel its not a market leader, all brands started off unknown including fake bake.

If you want tan solutions that are better or do specific things etc then its easier to recommend brands. Every one has there favourites and today they are all mostly all pretty good.

When looking for a brand I think its important to look for something different from your competitors. Why sell one brand that your competitor uses and under cuts you on! I prefer to use brands few others use, as your client becomes addicted to this and unless she is unhappy with the product they stay with you. if they see your competitors using the same tan and you cannot fit them in when they want, or that competitor is cheaper you lose them!

Instead look for things about your product that promotes it. how many ingrediants do they have in them, less than 15 is usually great as it is less likely to irritate the skin (I have eczema and tried everything, the less ingrediants it has the less my skin flairs up). Check to see if it contains parabens, alcohol, mineral oils and perfume and if it dosn;t promote it. clients are so concerned today about their skin health that they seek out the safest product possible.

Best thing to do is call all the companies, get samples and ingredient lists as well as the benefits to you using their product and try them out on your harshest critics ~ your clients. That way you won't make any expensive mistakes!

Completely agree with number1kitty.
I've lost count of the amount of people asking if i have St.Tropez or Fake Bake and most of them have never had a spray tan before. I don't like either of them even though they are big names. I stocked Fake Bake because it was requested but i never sampled it first-tut tut! I am now changing it over.
Like number1kitty said, manufacturers make the same solutions for different companies. I use Nouvatan and i get it from the manufacturers who supply Celebrity Secrets and it's the same solution. Makes you wonder if Fake Bake and St.Tropez solutions are sold as different names for cheaper too!

hi every1, please help!!! i am going self employed with spray tanning could any1 please tell me which solution is best i trained with st tropez but at mo cannot afford their spray booth i have ten and gun from sun shadez and have been using their product on friends but would like a better well known 1 so if any1 has any recommendatioins that would be great x

Hiya
Whats yr spray tan machine like from sun shadez? is it the hvlp 550? was thinking of getting that one as i have an iwata silverjet airbrush machine, which i love but it uses a lot of product. x

Who supplies Vani-T in this country? as ive only found an Australian website:confused:

Hiya, Planet Blue are the uk distributors 02087430666 x
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back