Spray tans advice please??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
I have written about this in my blog but wanted to ask on here too.
I have some issue with putting my clients barrier cream on.

Firstly the smelly feet issue.I had a girl in the salon about a week ago who had terribly smelly feet and as I was rubbing the barrier cream in I felt physically sick,though obviously I disguised this well.

Then I have the issue with putting the cream on guys.They are stood in the tent and I am rubbing the cream into their knees and feet:o.and my head is in a rather how shall I say....compromising position.

Do you get your clients to rub their own barrier cream in? If so how do you ensure that they aren't getting it on parts of the body you dont want it?

When I do hands on application it isn't an issue because the client is on the couch but when they are having a spray tan it's another kettle of fish.I was taught to apply the barrier cream myself when I did my training with LA tan..I just wanted some feedback please.Thankyou all:hug:

An old tutor at college told us to put lavender on the ends of our noses when we had a smelly client.

Re men, I see what you mean. I would get them to pop their hand out and put cream on their hand for each bit and talk them through it as they are applying it.

xx

I get my clients to apply it themselves. I get them to apply a little moisturiser to elbows, knees, backs of the ankles and inbetween toes and fingers.
I leave them to get ready etc and then i apply a little vaselive to toes and fingernails if they aren't wearing polish.
Sometimes they used to put too much moisturiser on so i bought a dispenser that only dispenses a little blob at a time :)
You can see if they have put too much moisturiser on so just give them a little check before you start and if there is any excess, just wipe it off.
I always tell them to only apply a small amount and to make sure they rub it in well.

i squirt in in their hands, get them to do t theirselves. then they are usuing an ok amount and you aint rubbing them :eek:

i squirt in in their hands, get them to do t theirselves. then they are usuing an ok amount and you aint rubbing them :eek:

LOL Kimi,it wasn't so much the rubbing the barrier cream I have the issue in as where my head was when doing their feet and knees.

Thanks everyone for the advice. xx

LOL Kimi,it wasn't so much the rubbing the barrier cream I have the issue in as where my head was when doing their feet and knees.

Thanks everyone for the advice. xx
Lol. I spray naked men so am used to my head being 'there' when spraying down their legs-lol
I think most clients prefer to put the cream on themselves anyway.
Maybe you could get some preparation sheets stuck on the wall telling them what they need to do.

Lol. I spray naked men so am used to my head being 'there' when spraying down their legs-lol
I think most clients prefer to put the cream on themselves anyway.
Maybe you could get some preparation sheets stuck on the wall telling them what they need to do.

:lol: yes,I think I will definately be letting them apply it themselves in the future.I will just go through the steps verbally I think.I dont mind the spraying when naked:green:Its more the rubbing the barrier in the feet and knees with me crouched down in front of them whilst they are standing there in their y fronts bless em

Latest posts

Back