Spray tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fojo

Reaction score
if a client hasnt exfoliated before a spray tan what should u do??

ive read about sluff wipes but are baby wipes just as good??

Baby wipes won't help, as the whole point of exfoliating is to remove the dead skin cells, so that the tan adheres to the new skin and thus lasts as long as possible.

It's not ideal if they haven't exfoliated, but it's not the end of the world.

I have sprayed a few clients, who have either booked in too late to exfoliate or have forgotten and their tans have been ok. They just may not last as long and may fade a little patchy.

Also, you can buy special wipes that the clients can use pre tan when you get to them, but I cannot comment on them as I personally dont use them.
x

in my training we used baby wipes to remove deodrant perfumes.. are the special wipes sluff wipes??

Baby wipes won't help, as the whole point of exfoliating is to remove the dead skin cells, so that the tan adheres to the new skin and thus lasts as long as possible.

It's not ideal if they haven't exfoliated, but it's not the end of the world.

I have sprayed a few clients, who have either booked in too late to exfoliate or have forgotten and their tans have been ok. They just may not last as long and may fade a little patchy.

Also, you can buy special wipes that the clients can use pre tan when you get to them, but I cannot comment on them as I personally dont use them.
x

R u mobile or salon based? Baby wipes only good for removing make up etc and should be well rinsed after as if they have moisturisers in them can cause slight barrier too.

Tan remover wipes usually have a rough side that can help slough off any rough patches of skin, if you're mobile like me I ask them to nip and shower and exfoliate quickly while I set up, not the best but so long as they don't scrub too viciously.

Just warn them may be slightly patchy and may fade unevenly, as least they won't forget next time....

in my training we used baby wipes to remove deodrant perfumes.. are the special wipes sluff wipes??

Baby wipes don't exfoliate, they will only remove product residue, as in deodorant, perfume etc.

I always make sure I tell them the reason why they sould exfoliate and the potential (as not in every case) downsides of not doing so so they won't ring you next day asking why their tan is x,y,z

I explain that the tan might not last as long.

I carry a Prep Spray with me just in case. It was quite cheap and you just spray on and buff off and it has the same effect and charge a little extra for the privilege.

Thankfully, I have never had to use it, I have had good clients so far xx

which prep spray do u use???

I carry a Prep Spray with me just in case. It was quite cheap and you just spray on and buff off and it has the same effect and charge a little extra for the privilege.

Thankfully, I have never had to use it, I have had good clients so far xx

Try Norvell Prep Spray, it is made in Amercia. Expensive but for me it works.

Adriana

Latest posts

Back