Spraying a client twice...St Tropez

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
I use LA TAN and I love it,I am trained in the hands on application of St Tropez however I read today on website that they spray the client twice with St Tropez.

Now I dont understand this because I have been taught that there is no reason whatsoever to do this.The spray is a guide only,why spray twice? its a waste of product isn't it? As long as you have ensured all parts of the body are sprayed then why spray agin?

Advice please? Is this just a St Tropez spray tan thing?If so why? Is there no spray guide?

waste of product.

maybe its so clients think they are getting a deeper tan by doing this?

Was discussing this with a spray tan manufacturer the other day, and this is a waste of time and money!

May not be right but I think St Tropez do teach this...

waste of product.

maybe its so clients think they are getting a deeper tan by doing this?

Was discussing this with a spray tan manufacturer the other day, and this is a waste of time and money!

May not be right but I think St Tropez do teach this...

Hmmm,interesting,and just realised typo on my damned title..:eek:

mods will prob change it...i often see wee sneaky changes to things like that so they might edit it :)

I use LA TAN and I love it,I am trained in the hands on application of St Tropez however I read today on website that they spray the client twice with St Tropez.

Now I dont understand this because I have been taught that there is no reason whatsoever to do this.The spray is a guide only,why spray twice? its a waste of product isn't it? As long as you have ensured all parts of the body are sprayed then why spray agin?

Advice please? Is this just a St Tropez spray tan thing?If so why? Is there no spray guide?
Different brands teach different techniques...some only one coat and some two......when starting out follow what you have been taught in the early day's and the adapt your training to suite you/your customers as you become more experienced.
Doing two coats does of course use more solution...however only a tad.....if the solution is good quality and the technique correct there really is only the need for one application
HTH :hug:

you can spray mine or any tan twice and it will look darker as they walk out of your salon ! as you have doubled up the bronzer/guide colour , they may go out that night looking like they have been in the Caribbean for a fortnight but in the morning after a shower with some tans it looks more like a weekend in skegness :irked:
As a tan manufacturer/producer i can honestly tell you bronzer is cheap as chips!!
DHA is derived from a few different sources in our case its organic and fruit derived and the best quality DHA for skin dieing doesnt come from apples !! and its not easy to extract
double coverage is just waste as the skin can only absorb a certain percentage of dha
OMG if i trained double coverage i would sell 2 x more solution !! collin we need to promote this double spraying thing:rolleyes::rolleyes: lol !!
we could buy a yacht !! and share it lol

Last edited:
but in the morning after a shower with some tans it looks more like a weekend in skegness

HAHA! (LOL, coffee everywhere...)

I use St Tropez, but was trained with a different brand, when i brought St Tropez in they told me to spray twice but it was just to make sure all the body was covered. I think this is because of the way they spray. I wasn't impressed at all with there technique to much faffing!

Hi
I trained spray tanning with st tropez and yes they do tell you to spray the body twice so that you have an even tan and to cover the whole body.

It's not a waste of product, you don't use twice as much solution and you don't get a dark tan. I guess it just depends on the way your trained. The first coat is small circluar movements and the second coat is about blending it in and having an even tan. I bet alot of you use this techinque.

It depend what you want and your clients want. I love st tropez, ,looks better than a weekend in skegness and it doesn't tango.

Latest posts

Back