Spraytan & Vajazzle!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmajane57

Reaction score
I have ordered my vajazzle kit, but the lady at vajazzle me had no idea how to vajazzle and spraytan together. Now I would obviously apply vajazzle first then spraytan, but I wondered if anyone knows if the spraytan will affect the crystals. They are not the cheap ones they are swavorski crystal I just wanted some feedback from anybody with any experience of these treatments xx

I have never done it but I imagine spraying over crystals would discolour them. It does on crystals on nails. Xx

I have no idea or experience with this but as an idea to throw in the bag, is there nothing that can be used to mask the area to be Vagazzled, do the tan then remove the mask to add the gems?

I haven't done this either but I would have thought the tan would discolour the crystals. I can't think of a way to do it so that you can do both on the same day, unless as mentioned you could not tan that area and then apply gems. Ideally I would recommend the tan first then do the vajazzle the following day to avoid any problems.x

Having another think about it, could you apply the gems first, apply a little barrier cream or vasaline over them as part of your tan prep and then tan. Vagazzles are waterproof aren't they? the barrier cream would then be washed off with the tan guide.

Having another think about it, could you apply the gems first, apply a little barrier cream or vasaline over them as part of your tan prep and then tan. Vagazzles are waterproof aren't they? the barrier cream would then be washed off with the tan guide.
This sounds a good idea. I was just hoping that someone who had actually done it would comment xx

You can't put barrier cream on them as they will slip straight off xx

The barrier cream wouldn't be on the skin only the gem stone to protect them.

Personally I would have thought it would be pointless doing a vajazzle and a tan at the same time.

When washing off the guide colour the crystals would most likely fall off.

It's only eyelash glue that is used to adhere the crystals to the skin and they only last a short time with very specific aftercare which I'm sure includes avoiding any excessive rubbing and wetting of the area.

Also wiping the area to be vajazzled with the alcohol wipe before aplication could cause a barrier or strange reraction to the tan solution.

Get a volunteer and give it a go but vajazzles are usually applied to a recently waxed area rather than with a spray tan.

I personally would spray tan - then the next day vajazzle.

Hey emmajane57 I have done the 2 together but found the crystals lost the sparkle and applying barrier cream cam sometimes b a bit tricky especially if u get any on the clients skin then the tan won't take. I now have my clients come back the day after there tan to get their vajazzle done and 9 times out of 10 they end up getting another treatment, nails etc. Hope this helps xox

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hey emmajane57 I have done the 2 together but found the crystals lost the sparkle and applying barrier cream cam sometimes b a bit tricky especially if u get any on the clients skin then the tan won't take. I now have my clients come back the day after there tan to get their vajazzle done and 9 times out of 10 they end up getting another treatment, nails etc. Hope this helps xox

Thanks for that I wanted to hear from someone who had actually tried. Will defo follow your advice
:lol:

Your welcome. Hth xx

I've spray tanned then vajazzled but mine were just the pre sticky shaped ones, they lasted me a week no problems with me washing the area lightly (just where the diamonds were, washed normally otherwise, I was surprised how long they lasted and ended up scrubbing them off in the end) prob lost about two in that week, by the time they came off the tan had faded anyway, so would Defo spray then vajaz. Hth

Spray tan and allow 24 hours to vajazzle!

I do the Vajazzles (but mine are called body crystal tattoos hate using the other name) as most people are quite shocked to think they have to have them applied in the lady garden region! they dont, they go anywhere on the body, I have only ever applied one to that particular area! You just wipe over area with alcohol wipe let it dry (very important) then either apply your crystal tattoo ( as a whole) or if you are applying individual swarovski crytals just apply as normal. Use a really good glue! place your hand over design and press on crystals for 30 seconds or so to bond them.
Also make sure when you apply a dab of glue to each individual (if making own designs) you allow the glue to go clear/dry a little for 30 secs or so, so its a bit tacky, this sticks the crystals much better.
Depending where you apply the crytals depends on their duration, I wear the star tattoos on my feet with nothing to rub on them and they last 6 weeks, but obvious other areas may be a 2/5 days on average.
Just spray tan as normal once applied, allow just mins extra for the crystal tattoos that are complete they are very quick to apply.
The ones I build are done through stencils I allow 10/15 mins for these. The client can sometimes take 5 mins to decide where to put it!!
The tan may initially dull the crystals but that doesnt last, and using the authentic swarovski crystals means the dazzling shine lasts for the duration they are worn and can be reused they dont dull.
They are really good fun and look amazing, all the best!:green:

I do the Vajazzles (but mine are called body crystal tattoos hate using the other name) as most people are quite shocked to think they have to have them applied in the lady garden region! they dont, they go anywhere on the body, I have only ever applied one to that particular area! You just wipe over area with alcohol wipe let it dry (very important) then either apply your crystal tattoo ( as a whole) or if you are applying individual swarovski crytals just apply as normal. Use a really good glue! place your hand over design and press on crystals for 30 seconds or so to bond them.
Also make sure when you apply a dab of glue to each individual (if making own designs) you allow the glue to go clear/dry a little for 30 secs or so, so its a bit tacky, this sticks the crystals much better.
Depending where you apply the crytals depends on their duration, I wear the star tattoos on my feet with nothing to rub on them and they last 6 weeks, but obvious other areas may be a 2/5 days on average.
Just spray tan as normal once applied, allow just mins extra for the crystal tattoos that are complete they are very quick to apply.
The ones I build are done through stencils I allow 10/15 mins for these. The client can sometimes take 5 mins to decide where to put it!!
The tan may initially dull the crystals but that doesnt last, and using the authentic swarovski crystals means the dazzling shine lasts for the duration they are worn and can be reused they dont dull.

Thanks hun xx
:hug:

I do spray tan then next day after guide colour is washed off i do the vajazzle.

I use the pre glued vajazzles but i get mine from the USA as it works out soooo much cheaper and they are infact the same designs as vajazzle.me but less than half the price.

I have also made up little vajazzle packs for clients (pics are on my facebook page) which consists of a how to guide, alcohol wipe and of course the vajazzle, so that if they can't make it into the salon then they can apply it themselves at home.

HTH

What glue do you use?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

duo and the one that glitterbodyart sell from their bodycrystal tattoo site (sorry doesnt name on bottle), its white and I use it for glitter tattoos and gem toos. So its an all rounder for me, when you apply to individual crystals leave it a short while it starts to go a bit clear then its ready to apply to skin, works better this way.

Latest posts

Back