St Tropez for a customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_Nightshade

Reaction score
Im thinking of having a St Tropez tan done. Would be the first time Ive ever had a fake tan so Ive got a few questions..
I didnt want to spam up the Skin forum so here I am. If any one could help answer them for a scardy cat please?

1. Do you have to get completely nekkid... ? I understand a good portion of the body will be exposed for the tan but Im thinking boobs and bum. :eek:

2. How long does a St Tropez tan last? Im going on holiday to France for two weeks and am thinking of it for that.

3. How soon before my holiday should I get it done?

4. Is it sea water proof?

5. Will I need old sheets on my bed after having it done/old clothes to wear?

6. Im White, White, Milk bottle White as in really White, I really only want a bit of colour to cover my sheer pastyness... I wont go orange will I?

It would be very helpful if someone could just let me know any answers to these. Ill admit Im a scardycat.

:o:Scared:

:hug:

1. usually for spray tan we give clients paper underwear to prevent their own getting covered in tan but its up to yourself if your shy bring a set of black bra/undies or swimwear to wear while getting done, but remove straps down and tuck in

2. usually 5-7 days then they tend to fade

3. a day or 2 before i would recommend

4. it wont wash off instanly its more a wear away

5. wear loose dark clothing after getting the spray tan done

6. ask the therapist to go for a light tan

hope that helps

1. usually for spray tan we give clients paper underwear to prevent their own getting covered in tan but its up to yourself if your shy bring a set of black bra/undies or swimwear to wear while getting done, but remove straps down and tuck in

2. usually 5-7 days then they tend to fade

3. a day or 2 before i would recommend

4. it wont wash off instanly its more a wear away

5. wear loose dark clothing after getting the spray tan done

6. ask the therapist to go for a light tan

hope that helps

That does indeed help, thank you.. and as for shy hehe I think they invented that term for me. :o

Im thinking of having a St Tropez tan done. Would be the first time Ive ever had a fake tan so Ive got a few questions..
I didnt want to spam up the Skin forum so here I am. If any one could help answer them for a scardy cat please?

1. Do you have to get completely nekkid... ? I understand a good portion of the body will be exposed for the tan but Im thinking boobs and bum. :eek:

You can have which ever bits you want tanned or not you're paying for it so you can decide!

2. How long does a St Tropez tan last? Im going on holiday to France for two weeks and am thinking of it for that.

For as long as you look after it, although some people can hold it for longer than others without any effort but generall 5-7 days.

3. How soon before my holiday should I get it done?

I'd say 2 days before you go

4. Is it sea water proof?

It certainly is, but don't forget to still use sun cream!

5. Will I need old sheets on my bed after having it done/old clothes to wear?

You'll need to wear loose dark clothing although i find it does come out of clothes and not had any problem with staining.

6. Im White, White, Milk bottle White as in really White, I really only want a bit of colour to cover my sheer pastyness... I wont go orange will I?

If your very pale you'll most likely get a nice golden glow from it, St Tropez is formulated not to go orange it will adapt to your own skin.

It would be very helpful if someone could just let me know any answers to these. Ill admit Im a scardycat.

:o:Scared:

:hug:

Don't be scared:hug: they're very cold :lol: but fabulous results:)

Is your tan going to be a spray tan or a manual application where they rub it in for you ?

Is your tan going to be a spray tan or a manual application where they rub it in for you ?

Well Im thinking of the spray one.. does it make a difference?

It does if you are shy,
the manual one takes longer, they rub exfoliator into your skin all over, remove and then rub the tan into your skin all over,
and the manual st tropez is quite dark,

you will be better with the spray, it will only take 5 mins to spray you and they wont need to touch you, so nerves not needed,
you can wear what ever you feel comfy in,
and the st tropez spray tends to be much lighter in colour,

moisturise every day to get the tan to last well and avoid anything that contains oils as the oil will strip the colour,
enjoy your tan :hug:

Also be aware that the therapist has seen thousands of bodies in every shape, size and colour so it really wont phase her if you're feeling slightly nervous about 'baring all':)
I've had clients come in wearing cycling shorts and a vest top that completely covered all of her mid-riff and then the next may be completely naked.
Dont worry you'll be fine and st tropez sprays are a lovely colour regardless of your natural skin tone...:hug:

Thank you all for your help and info.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back