Star Nails Tip Cutters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Gina*

Reaction score
Star Nails Tip Tailors

Hi all, I am after a bit of advice, if thats poss.

I bought the Tip Tailors the other day and I was wondering if anybody could give me a few pointers in their use.

Thanks in advance for your help.

They are no different to any other tip cuters, as you have done your creative foundation course you should have got some then and would have been taught how to use them then.

Do you mean the tip tailors? They are used for cutting out the well area of the tip instead of filing it away.

The ones that I have bought are the Tip Tailors (oops) and not the cutters which I already have and know how to use, sorry for the confusion Lucia.

Sorry my fault for not thinking straight should ahve realised you didnt mean tip cuters derhhh lol
x

Sorry guys, but just bumping this one back up.

Hi Gina

Many moons ago I was responsible for developing the 'Tip Tailors'.

I hope they are still the same 'spec'!.

They were designed for removing the 'contact area' of a tip (which I totally endorse) and for 'pre-tailoring' a tip to fit the nail.

They have 'nipper' grips so picking them up is very quick (i.e no finger holes). If you hold the tip in your left hand (if you are right handed) with the 'c' curve facing up, the sharp, fine blade can cut around just below the 'stop point' very accurately to create a perfect fit (lop sided if the natural nail needs it)

They can also tailor a tip for a nail biter.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mum xxxx

Latest posts

Back