Starting my business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venetia

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just rung the last of my "Possible Client List"
Not a lot of comeback at all - getting worried now as I am giving up my full-time job to go mobile. Is anyone else having the same problem? Can anyone give me any tips for getting clients?

Venetia :confused:

I haven't tried any of these yet but heres what I'm going to do this week to try and kick start my mobile mani/pedi/tanning biz -

Fax/ drop off some leaflet at all the big supermarkets near me offering them 10% off.

Leaflets in every shop window that will take them.

Leaflet drops.

Do you know of any school fairs coming up, depending what you do you could approach them to do nail art or air brush tattoos. It wouldn't be a massive earner probably but good advertising.

Do you know any childminders, my childminder is getting together a few local childminders so they can get their manicures etc done whilst the others watch the kids. Shes going to mention it at mums and tots too.

Are you offering any kind of promo, it might draw people in if its a good one but then you've got to impress them enough to pay full whack.

Hope that helps:)

how about offering some kind of incentive to your existing clients base to bring a friend? ie they get a percentage off their treatment or half price nail art, something along those lines. Might bring in a couple of people and then of course those new people know people! hth

Or offering people a free treatment after say 5 if they can block book them. It doesn't get me many but it makes the diary less depressing to look at, once you lose heart it makes it doubly hard:hug:

Thanks Sass

Enjoyed reading that.
Darn site wouldn't let me give you a good rep though. Told me I need to spread the love around :irked: sorry. Thought that I had LOL

Hi there,

I attempted a mobile business just before I had my fourth baby and I found Yell.com a really good way of advertising, they now have a section for mobile techs and a different one for shops.

I was trying to temporarily wind down and ended up with a whole load of new customers!!!!! Typical:confused: !!!!

Hope that helps and good luck

Definitely have a read of the article Sassy has linked to in her post, you will get loads of useful info from that xx

here's a few things i put in a similar post......

* Ask local boutiques to put your flyers/ cards in each carrier bag in exchange for a free treatment for the owner each month

* Keep a birthday list and on a clients birthday send them a card with a voucher inside offering them a free treatment you chose the treatment - make it something they don't already have. as in if they have nail extensions offer them a free pedicure....you'll be suprised how many clients will start having other treatments once they try them!)

* Give each client a few business cards at the end of their treatment and ask them to give them to anyone who comments on their nails etc...

hope this helps

I done the leaflet things didnt work that well for me, so i advertised once in the paper and have been fully booked for 2 weeks, although some of those did a no show! :confused: it can be expensive i know but i made way more back than i actually paid so it worked out well and i got some of those clients to rebook with me! yay! :)
also the salon where i work has put a sign out the front for me and i get all the walk by's as they are almost always fully booked! :)
good luck hun, i say the best advertising is word of mouth! :)

I have only been mobile for a couple of months & have found one of the best methods is word of mouth.

I have been doing heavily discounted treatments for friends & relatives & then sending them on their way with a wad of business cards. One of my friends paid for her daughter in law to have a facial, she then went on to have her legs waxed for her hols & also works in a hairdressers so puts a good word in with her clients for me. As an incentive to her if she gets me X amount of clients then i will give her free treatments :) sorted !

Latest posts

Back