starting out in nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaowens

Reaction score
hi all
havnt done any nail art b4 any help would be appreciaited as in do i base coat the nails first ? then apply then top coat ?
any good easy nail art books and what do i need to get started ?
thankyou xx

i polish as normal, base, 2 coats of color. then add the art and a coat or two of top coat, depends on the art as to how many top coats. if i've got rhinestones then i do 2 coats, art with paint and polish and such gets one. but advise your clients to give their nails a coat of topcoat every couple of days to make the polish and art last longer.

i started by looking at the geek gallery to get some ideas, then i surfed the net for tutorials and stuff. (i guess i'm cheap:o)

there's loads of links in the nail art section to get you started...

one of my favs is www.christiesnails.com she's got tutorials and a very nice gallery to check out.

i've been stuck here http://www.theoutsidein.co.uk/nail_gallery.htm (fellow geek Sam Biddle's website)

To add to Twinkletoes advice...if youre looking for a book that covers all the basics, the Ka-Sa-Ra book is a good place to start.
You can buy this book from www.netnails.net
They also supply everything they cover in the book.

Latest posts

Back