Sterex or Apilus Electrolysis Machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm wondering which machine to get for my electrolysis treatments, and what you all use. I trained with Sterex but have heard good things about Apilus, so was wondering what others' thoughts were!

I purchased a apilus unit earlier this year the best decision i have ever made. Clients are able to tolerate longer sessions, and while not painfree clients who have wanted upper lip areas cleared have been able to manage the treatment. where as with the other machines it was very difficult. Also you get a lot less regrowth, keeps clients happy. If you already have a good electrolysis clientele and you would like to specialize in this area i would highly recommend the apilus, it sells itself and word will spread very quickly. So even though it is quite a large out lay it will pay for itself. However expect to take a couple of months to get comfortable using it, i was almost in tears until i got used to using it. PM if you want more info. also have a look at the hairtell website great examples of apilus treatments. eg look at depilacionelectr she posted photos of treatment start to finish, with apilus platituim

I can certainly vouch for Apilus from a client's perspective; the switch from a "bog standard" diathermy electrolysis machine to an Apilus machine was a revelation - and that was 11 years ago - so the technology may well have improved even more since then.

With the "bog standard" machine, the top part of the top lip (which my electrologist referred to as the zone that needed treatment if one didn't want to look like a certain notorious dictator whom we fought against in WWII) used to be excruciating - whereas with the Apilus machine, it was *much* more tolerable!

I also liked seeing the print-out at the end of the session, that said how many hundreds of hairs had been "zapped"...

You won't regret buying an Apilus. Frankly there is just no comparison between a Sterex and an Apilus. It feels like a big plunge but it really does pay for itself very quickly. You very rarely see a second hand Apilus on Ebay and if you do it's gone like a flash.:D

Thankyou for all your helpful replies, sorry I am just getting back to you all. As I trained with sterex and understand their machines, would I have to go on apilus training or are there instructions and if so are they self-explanatory? The pictures of the machines look so complicated - I don't want to get it and then have no idea how to use it lol!

Hey all

I would be interested to hear about Apilus too! I trained with Sterex and was even considering purchasing one of their machines as I was familiar but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

a full days training is included when you buy an apilus unit, plus on going support through email or ph call if you need help. i would recommend the apilus platituim pure, as this has pico flash also ask about synchro mode. i love my apilus has made such a difference to my business www.aeclinic.co.uk

Thanks. Out of interest where have you got your machine from, as when I type it in on google it comes up with a business that uses the machine but doesn't sell them. I will have a perusal of your website tomorrow when I get on the comp - thanks for all your help so far :)!

House of Famuir www.hofbeauty.co.uk sells apilus in the UK. Terry from hof is very helpful and will answer any queries. Plus you can pay of the unit over several months which helps.

Hi all! Yes Apilus very good but if you are new to it, one days training is a bit daunting! As already stated on site, takes at least a month of practice to understand and apply programs. Yes Terry from HOF is very good but can not help you with technical problems, you have to wait until the trainer can get back to you unless you get lucky but certainly worth the wait!:biggrin:

I purchased a apilus unit earlier this year the best decision i have ever made. Clients are able to tolerate longer sessions, and while not painfree clients who have wanted upper lip areas cleared have been able to manage the treatment. where as with the other machines it was very difficult. Also you get a lot less regrowth, keeps clients happy. If you already have a good electrolysis clientele and you would like to specialize in this area i would highly recommend the apilus, it sells itself and word will spread very quickly. So even though it is quite a large out lay it will pay for itself. However expect to take a couple of months to get comfortable using it, i was almost in tears until i got used to using it. PM if you want more info. also have a look at the hairtell website great examples of apilus treatments. eg look at depilacionelectr she posted photos of treatment start to finish, with apilus platituim
Hi just wondered if you know whether the Apilus senior machine is suitable for skin tag/mole treatments?

Hi just wondered if you know whether the Apilus senior machine is suitable for skin tag/mole treatments?

This thread was created as long ago as 2011(!), and the poster you’ve quoted has been absent for the last 6, so is unlikely to respond. New thread maybe?

Latest posts

Back