Stiletto, getting it right

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
i'm going to cheer myself up and do my nails, i like stilettos i have seen on here, so thinking of having a go. can they be done with tips or just forms.

if you do them on tips how do you get the shape cos i imagine filing would take forever
xx

I was told to cut them to form shape before you apply them, then file toshape once applied and it worked for me hun... I love wearing mine they are so easy to wear...x :hug:

Good on ya Carla!:wink2:
I find it's easier to use tips on yourself and shape the tip before application.
I have done sculpted stilettos and doing your right hand with your left is hard - weel for me anyway!
Good luck with them and lets see a pic when you've done 'em!
xxxxx

Good on ya Carla!:wink2:
I find it's easier to use tips on yourself and shape the tip before application.
I have done sculpted stilettos and doing your right hand with your left is hard - weel for me anyway!
Good luck with them and lets see a pic when you've done 'em!
xxxxx
I have to agree, I did sculpt my pinkies but that was hard enough, I find it easier with tips, but I would love to conquer the sculpts on myself tho.:) x

I love to sculpt mine, but then i have done my own for a long time so i am used to it. They are more difficult on my wrong hand, but i always do that hand first so its plain sailing after that.

I have done it using tips which is better if you can't do the sculpting on your wrong hand. You can also pretailor them before applying them, so they are shaped before you use your adhesive to apply them to your nails.

Give it a go. Look forward to the pics.

It's not really a stiletto if it's not sculpted.
You need to be able to pinch very heavily to make the nail strong; remember, a stiletto is supposed to be looooong.
If you try to shape just by filing, the end result doesn't only look lame but it's also nowhere near strong enough:)
That Young Nails step-by-step is excellent

You need to be able to pinch very heavily to make the nail strong; remember, a stiletto is supposed to be looooong.
If you try to shape just by filing, the end result doesn't only look lame but it's also nowhere near strong enough:)

I completely diasgree with you - the stiletto shape is a stiletto whether it's tipped or sculpted as long as the form and shape are consistent and correct. I have never pinched nails, whatever their shape, and have no problem with breakages, and stilettos do not have to be long - they need to go to a point. If you look at Geeg's tutorial her stilettos are quite short but most definitely stiletto shaped!

Your method may work for you but it is not the only way of producing a stiletto nail.

I completely diasgree with you - the stiletto shape is a stiletto whether it's tipped or sculpted as long as the form and shape are consistent and correct. I have never pinched nails, whatever their shape, and have no problem with breakages, and stilettos do not have to be long - they need to go to a point. If you look at Geeg's tutorial her stilettos are quite short but most definitely stiletto shaped!

Your method may work for you but it is not the only way of producing a stiletto nail.
I agree with vetty, I have been wearing mine for a month now and had no problems with them at all, they are very strong and I can even do the housework in them..mores the pity :lol::hug:

I don't agree..
I sculpt mine and tip them... And I don't need to pinch heavily to make them look pretty and they are as strong as a nail that long can be, without bulking them up and making them look (imo) ugly !

I prefer sculpting, but haven't found a difference whether I tip or sculpt to be honest.... I suppose it depends what tips you use to, there are so many on the market.
They pretty much look, and last the same no matter which way I do them.

I prefer to sculpt my shape in, but when using tips as already said, I use my curved scissors to trim either side, then just tidy up with my file

Latest posts

Back