Stiletto with PopIts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrey

Reaction score
hi firstly i am sorry if anyone has covered this i did search but didnt find anything .
my question is can you do a stiletto using popits or best to create by hand xxxxx

I have not tried to do the stiletto shape with popits but i don't imagine it would work well really,
if you are talking about doing it with a tip you would gets lots of product under the free edge when you place the popit,
if you were thinking of using just the popit in a sculpting fashion it would be fiddly and need a lot of filing to get the stiletto shape,

as i say i have not tried to do the stiletto shape with popits so this is just my guessing as to what would happen,
i have used them for square nails on clients,
and i always wear my nails in the stiletto shape but shaped with the brush not popits, hth :hug:

I have not tried to do the stiletto shape with popits but i don't imagine it would work well really,
if you are talking about doing it with a tip you would gets lots of product under the free edge when you place the popit,
if you were thinking of using just the popit in a sculpting fashion it would be fiddly and need a lot of filing to get the stiletto shape,

as i say i have not tried to do the stiletto shape with popits so this is just my guessing as to what would happen,
i have used them for square nails on clients,
and i always wear my nails in the stiletto shape but shaped with the brush not popits, hth :hug:
hi thanks for reply thats what i thought it would be some amount of filing my hand would have fallen off by then .just thought id ask incase there was a special secret out there as this site never ceases to amaze me xx:hug:

If you try it out and find a way to popit the stiletto shape please share the secret :hug:

If you try it out and find a way to popit the stiletto shape please share the secret :hug:
now you have set a challenge i shall get my rusty brain in gear and have a go and of course i would share xxx:hug:

never tried it myself but could you trim the poppit into a stiletto shape or a roungh shape so it wouldnt need as much filing. probably wont work, got my tired head on im afraid lol
hth

never tried it myself but could you trim the poppit into a stiletto shape or a roungh shape so it wouldnt need as much filing. probably wont work, got my tired head on im afraid lol
hth

That could work if you cut the popit so it was still slightly bigger than needed and would save a lot of filing,
i can see there are going to be a few geeks up for this challenge, :lol:

Gigi have you tried it, can it be done, if anyone will know it will be you :hug:

bumping this in the hope geeg sees it cheeky i know im naughty xxx:lol:

Ha ha just saw it!!:lol:

I have done LONG pointed almond nails using PopIts very successfully but not done the 'modern' stiletto shape.

Still I think you could have a go and although you will get some of the product overhanging the tip, you can use a tool to 'trim' this off if you do it within the first minute or so while the product is still soft. It will save alot of filing later if you do this.

I'll have to have a go.

I do think if you are going to add nail art etc to this shape it will be easier and quicker to sculpt.

Ha ha just saw it!!:lol:

I have done LONG pointed almond nails using PopIts very successfully but not done the 'modern' stiletto shape.

Still I think you could have a go and although you will get some of the product overhanging the tip, you can use a tool to 'trim' this off if you do it within the first minute or so while the product is still soft. It will save alot of filing later if you do this.

I'll have to have a go.

I do think if you are going to add nail art etc to this shape it will be easier and quicker to sculpt.
thanks geeg i shall have a go with popits (almond shape) first see how i go i think i will just make sure i dont press to firmly at the tip so hopefully reducing the overhang. gosh life on the edge im just so daring :lol: xxx

GREAT ... thanks so much!!

The shape is more curved than the current stilletos being done but .. so what ?? Looks like they do the trick and if not too extreme in length they wont resemble the shape of a parrot's beak. :green:

Latest posts

Back