Still having lifting after Ezbond and primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamper yourself

Reaction score
Help! I'm really getting frustrated and don't know what else to do :cry:

My gel system is Trosani. It has a bond, second gel and top shine.

I was told by my instructress to try using ezbond and primer cuz that's what she uses. So I did. Then I read here that some ladies apply 2 coats, so I tried that. My instructress told me to make sure I'm not filing my sides too thin, so I tried that too. I'M STILL GETTING LIFTING! :cry::eek::cry: The problem is that instead of it happening after 10 days as before, it happened after only 4 days!

It's seriously getting me down. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I don't know what else to try. I have a real client soon and want to fix this problem before this friday. :eek: The model I have this friday is a friend of the client. :eek:

Some advice please.

An

Last edited:
you are using a gel system called trosani? and using ez bond by ez flow i presume? just trying to get a clear picture so i can give a helpful answer??

Sidewalls are supposed to be thin otherwise lifting will occur... I don't know that gel system, so can only comment in general...

How's your prep??? What do you do? Talk us through it, as lots of lifting problems are down to insufficient prep...

you are using a gel system called trosani? and using ez bond by ez flow i presume? just trying to get a clear picture so i can give a helpful answer??

Hi thanks for your questions. Yes I use Trosani which is a german gel system. ez bond is by ez flow My instructress uses Trosani gel and Ezflo acrylics.

Prep:
  1. spray antiseptic over fingers
  2. push back cuticle and nip away any cuticle tags
  3. buff nail to remove shine with 220 grit file
  4. remove dust with brush
  5. apply ezbond
  6. tip and size nails, buff tip and blend step, remove dust
  7. apply primer around nail wall
  8. apply bonder gel as if applying polish (I've also tried gigi's method)
  9. cure for 2 mins then apply gel first 2 mins in and out (to avoid burning feeling) second 2 mins in only
  10. wipe with nail cleaner to remove residue
  11. file with 180 grit to shape then remove dust with brush
  12. apply top shine gel cure for 2 mins
  13. wipe with nail cleaner to remove residue
  14. apply top coat
That's it, the whole procedure. Let me know what you think pls.

Last edited:
When you say you push back cuticle (I suppose you mean eponychium) do you remove the cuticle from the nailplate with either cuticle remover or some kind of tool?? If not then the product cannot adhere to the nailplate, and no matter how you application is it will lift.

Try doing that, and about the first way to apply the gel, i don't know if it's different from system to system, but I prefer Gigi's method, as I feel I can adhere it better that way.

Hi thanks for your questions. Yes I use Trosani which is a german gel system. ez bond is by ez flow My instructress uses Trosani gel and Ezflo acrylics.

Prep:
  1. Wash hands
  2. spray antiseptic over fingers
  3. push back cuticle this is actually the Eponychium you are pushing back and nip away any cuticle tags only nip if absolutely necessary.
  4. As Nolimitnails has suggested..you need to ensure that you have removed the cuticle (the non-living often invisible tissue & debris) from the surface of the nail plate...concentrating on the side walls and proximal nail fold/cuticle 'area'..this needs to be done with the appropriate tool and is very very important...or you will have lifting.
  5. buff nail to remove shine with 220 grit file
  6. remove dust with brush
  7. I always use a product called Scrubfresh at this point whatever system I use...to scrub the nail plate & really ensure that there is no oil, debris or cuticle left on the surface of the nail plate.
  8. apply ezbond
  9. tip and size nails, buff tip and blend step, remove dust
  10. apply primer around nail wall
  11. Do not go any further until the nail is completely dry
  12. apply bonder gel as if applying polish (I've also tried gigi's method)Stick to using Gigis method...scrub in the bonder layer and keep it very thin.
  13. cure for 2 mins then apply gel first 2 mins in and out (to avoid burning feeling) I dont know much about other gel systems, only the one I use myself, but is putting the hand in and out to avoid 'the burning sensation' really necessary? With the system I use (Brisa) it is not necessary to put the hand in and out...if I did this I doubt the gel would cure properly...this would obviously lead to problems, & also if my system required me to do this then I would have to question the quality of the gel? second 2 mins in only
  14. wipe with nail cleaner to remove residue
  15. file with 180 grit to shape then remove dust with brush
  16. apply top shine gel cure for 2 mins
  17. wipe with nail cleaner to remove residue
  18. apply top coat

Prep:
  1. Wash hands
  2. spray antiseptic over fingers
  3. push back cuticle this is actually the Eponychium you are pushing back yes the eponychium and using tool remove cuticle from nail plate and nip away any cuticle tags only nip if absolutely necessary.
  4. As Nolimitnails has suggested..you need to ensure that you have removed the cuticle (the non-living often invisible tissue & debris) from the surface of the nail plate...concentrating on the side walls and proximal nail fold/cuticle 'area'..this needs to be done with the appropriate tool and is very very important...or you will have lifting. we don't use cuticle remover at the lessons but I've been thinking of using some we use a rubber ended tool to push back and to lift cuticle while still wet with disinfectant. Not too sure about this teachers procedure.
  5. buff nail to remove shine with 220 grit file
  6. remove dust with brush
  7. I always use a product called Scrubfresh at this point whatever system I use...to scrub the nail plate & really ensure that there is no oil, debris or cuticle left on the surface of the nail plate. I will look into this thanks
  8. apply ezbond
  9. tip and size nails, buff tip and blend step, remove dust
  10. apply primer around nail wall
  11. Do not go any further until the nail is completely dry ok thanks
  12. apply bonder gel as if applying polish (I've also tried gigi's method)Stick to using Gigis method...scrub in the bonder layer and keep it very thin. I normally make it thin but tried thicker the other day
  13. cure for 2 mins then apply gel first 2 mins in and out (to avoid burning feeling) I dont know much about other gel systems, only the one I use myself, but is putting the hand in and out to avoid 'the burning sensation' really necessary? With the system I use (Brisa) it is not necessary to put the hand in and out...if I did this I doubt the gel would cure properly...this would obviously lead to problems, & also if my system required me to do this then I would have to question the quality of the gel? second 2 mins in only it's for the burning sensation some people are more sensitive than others. I personally don't have to take my hand out.
  14. wipe with nail cleaner to remove residue
  15. file with 180 grit to shape then remove dust with brush
  16. apply top shine gel cure for 2 mins
  17. wipe with nail cleaner to remove residue
  18. apply top coat

Thank you I will try all your suggestions and will let you know how I go. I have a new model today who is not a mom so her nail plate should be in better condition than my other models. I hope all goes well. fingers crossed :green:

Well I did the set I was worried about. It took longer than I hoped and she wanted them longer than I've worked but they came looking pretty good. Now all I can do is wait and see how things go.

Btw how long does it take for primer to dry?

the ez flow primer takes a while to dry..few minutes atleast til an almost " chalky" look is achieved. To be truthful.. i would only use the prep products designed match your gel system. Lifting can occur from mixing and matching products..does Trosani not have its own prep/primer??

the ez flow primer takes a while to dry..few minutes atleast til an almost " chalky" look is achieved. To be truthful.. i would only use the prep products designed match your gel system. Lifting can occur from mixing and matching products..does Trosani not have its own prep/primer??

These are the prep/primers that my instructress imports and uses. There is a primer pen that is used for their acrylic system but I'm not sure she brings it and there is no way to order it online. It could be that I didn't wait for it to dry properly. Could be the cause of the lifting. I hope it dried properly on the set I did yesterday as I only waited like a minute or so. :confused:

i use the trosani primer its like a pen, so which primer are you using?

i use the trosani primer its like a pen, so which primer are you using?

Hi, I'm using the TAS brush on. Fiona also gave me the Ezflow primer but I haven't used it yet. Do you think the pen would be better?

i have no idea to be honest, cause i ve always used the pen. i have lifting issues sometimes but not with every client. for example i have 2 clients with short nailbed and there nails grow very fast, they don't infill before 4 or 5 weeks, its obvious they come with lifting and with 1 or 2 nails missing.:lol:

I can see the pen as easier to apply. I'm a bit scared of using the ezflow primer cuz I'm afraid of touching the skin. I don't think I waited long enough for the tas primer to dry. Do you wait for the pen primer to dry too?

I'm sorry but in the first post you say you used the ez-flow primer, even tried 2 coats. In another you say you haven't used it yet???

I don't know if it matters, but which is it?? Are you using the one with the system or not, or am I totally thick her:lol::lol:

I'm sorry but in the first post you say you used the ez-flow primer, even tried 2 coats. In another you say you haven't used it yet???

I don't know if it matters, but which is it?? Are you using the one with the system or not, or am I totally thick her:lol::lol:

Sorry for the mix up. Reading it again it does sound that way. I used ezbond and TAS primer. I think the TAS is from the trosani l&p system. I'm told it's lighter than the Ezflow's primer. Meaning Ezflow primer is stronger. I still used 2 coats. After I told my instructress of the problem she gave me the ezflow primer but I haven't used it yet. I'm thinking of asking to change it for the acid-free as she gave me the acid primer. Does it make a difference in preformance?

Well I thought mixing systems could cause a diffrence (to the worse), but if you are using the primer that goes with the system it's not that.

How did the prepping go and have you seen the nails you did last, to see if they last better??

If you decide to use the ezflow one, just be sure to use very little on the brush, and then keep away from sidewalls, remember it spreads out, so a gap should be fairly wide, if you know what I mean...:hug:

Well I thought mixing systems could cause a diffrence (to the worse), but if you are using the primer that goes with the system it's not that.

How did the prepping go and have you seen the nails you did last, to see if they last better??

If you decide to use the ezflow one, just be sure to use very little on the brush, and then keep away from sidewalls, remember it spreads out, so a gap should be fairly wide, if you know what I mean...:hug:

Hi. I took the courage and used the ezflow primer yesterday. And yes it does spread. All I did was lightly touch the nail and it was all over the plate on its own. The model has very short nail beds (naturally not by biting). Anyways the set I did last week Friday have some lifting but nothing came off yet. We've decided to try again next week to see how long they actually hold. :eek: :rolleyes: It's really discouraging. :cry: I made sure that they washed their hands with antiseptic and dried well. I also used acetone free polish remover from the knuckle down to make sure that the skin was oil free. I rechecked the cuticle this time using a remover and dehydrated and again polish remover to make sure nothing stayed on the skin. I took extra care that my filing around the cuticle area was done well, that no shine was left. I don't know. Could it be the type of nails I'm finding? They all have very soft nails. Could that be it? I've done a set on myself and only have lifting on my right, because I'm right handed I can't work well with my left.

I wouldn't use an acetone free polish remover...some polish removers have conditioners in them...I would use a nail plate cleanser.

Also when you use your primer...wipe the brush on the inside of the neck of the bottle to remove as much excess liquid as possible and then dab both sides of the brush on a lint free pad to remove even more liquid out of the brush...then brush onto natural nails only...there will still be enough in the brush to prime 1 hand.

Latest posts

Back